Chapter 49

The second you awoke from your deep slumber your eyes landed upon Kyoya. You felt a warm feeling in your chest as he stared right back at you. You waited until you were fully awake to speak to him.

"Good job last night." Your voice was raspy from the screams of pleasure, but you felt it necessary to compliment his skills from yesterday night.

It earned you a scoff as a small smirk formed on his lips. "Is that all you can say?"

You shrugged and decided to climb on top of him. "Aaand I love you," you added.

He hummed, acknowledging your statement. A long pause filled the air, and his expression darkened. He abruptly sat up, forcing you to straddle his lap. You blinked slowly as he lifted your shirt (a shirt that magically appeared on your body when you were asleep). You refrained from slapping the shit out of his hand since you were still self-conscious of the scar you received during the abduction. It was a thick, dark pink incision right through your stomach, and it was completely noticeable no matter how much make up you slapped on it.

Kyoya lowered his mouth to kiss the scar. You bit your lip, holding back the giggles that were bound to erupt. "Kyoya!"

"I'm sorry."

You gasped, your smile fading as you realized he apologized to you. FREAKIN' HIBARI KYOYA APOLOGIZED. You didn't know how to react to that, and so you went with whatever you could say. "Haha, no biggie..."

He shook his head, finding your reaction to be absolutely ridiculous, but he was somewhat relieved you didn't hate him for the incident. He returned to leaving kisses all over your stomach, which you enjoyed since you craved this intimacy for a while now. You also enjoyed the fact that he wasn't being aggressive, a rare occurrence in your book. He was sweet with his kisses, and it made you blush from the overwhelming affection.

A loud knock on the door surprised the both of you. He didn't move an inch, but you were quick to push yourself off his lap and rush towards your closet. You threw on whatever was available, which happened to be a bathrobe and a new hospital gown. Once clothed, you answered the door in a presentable manner.

"Yes?" Face-to-face with the head nurse, you gulped. You were probably not getting through this alive.

"It has come to my attention that a man entered your room yesterday night."

"Can we please not talk about this so early?" you sheepishly asked as you began to feel inferior under the woman's scrutinizing gaze.

"I'm sorry, but a major rule has been violated."

"What if I said there was no man in my--"

Before you could finish defending yourself, Kyoya strolled out of your room, head held high with no remorse. He kissed you quickly then pushed past the head nurse. At first you were angered by his choice to leave through the door, but if he had left through the window, he would have to destroy the bars and then everyone would know he was here. It would leave you with no protection and you would still have to face punishment. Going out the door was the optimal choice. 

"Miss, we already called your emergency contact."

"Oh God. Not Tsuna. Please not him."

The woman's frown became more pronounced, filled with judgment and pity. Before she could respond, Doctor Julie appeared behind her with a bright smile. "I'll be with her while you wait for him."

The nurse hesitated before leaving, and you felt nervous for what was to come. "Hey, Doc..."

She ushered you inside your room and closed the door quietly. "How do you feel now?"