Chapter 19: A Surprise Visitor

"Sylvia, wake up," I heard someone whispering in my ear.

My eyes peeled open to see Rudi kneeling beside the bed I was on. His head was propped up on one of his hands as he looked at me. There was a small smile on his face as he looked at me.

I'd admit, seeing Rudi's face wasn't something I had expected. Rudi was supposed to be dead. However, over the last few hours, I had learned that wasn't exactly true. He might have died, but he was also taken from us and was kept here for some reason. At first, it seemed impossible to figure out why Rudi was taken. While Rudi was a superhero, he didn't have any sort of power or knowledge that would've made him useful to any sort of criminal.

At least, that was what we had both thought until recently. After I had been beaten by Gallade, Rudi had discovered that he had the power to heal. How he could, he wasn't sure. I wasn't sure either, but we decided that it was best not to test it.

The only thing on his mind was that I got better. That meant I had to take a nap for once. I don't ever remember giving as I claimed I wasn't tired and didn't need rest when we had other things to worry about. Somehow, Rudi managed to persuade me. Either that or my body betrayed me.

"How long was I out?" I asked, as I turned to my side and pushed myself up into a seated position. The aches and pains I had felt earlier—however long ago that was—had almost disappeared completely. Every once in a while I'd feel my arm twitch or feel the pain shoot down my leg, but it didn't feel as if I had just been through a fight.

"Honestly, I don't know. Draven came to check on us a few times, so I would guess a few hours. Maybe eight or nine," Rudi guessed.

I snapped my head towards him. "And you didn't try and warn me or got any sleep yourself?" I asked.

Rudi shook his head. "They thought you were still healing, otherwise they would've taken you away. At least, I think that's what would've happened. I'm not honestly sure. And I did fall asleep, but every time that door would open, I'd wake up."

"Then why wake me up now?" I asked.

Rudi pushed himself off the floor and walked away towards the small desk. I stretched my arms up in the air, feeling the nice stretch in my back. Lethe was right; I did need to take it easy for once. Sleeping for however long I did was definitely needed.

If only I wasn't here...if only Rudi wasn't trapped in here, things would've been a bit better.

"Plu?"

The small voice took me by surprise. My eyes shot open as I leaned over my legs and looked away from where Rudi was at. At first, I thought my ears were deceiving me, knowing there was no way anything could've gotten in here. Somehow, I was wrong.

Sitting on the other side of the bed was a little bipedal Pokémon that was mostly cream colored. Her red ears had poked straight up in the air. They matched her small red cheeks that had a tiny plus sign on them. It was those plus signs that gave the Pokémon her name.

I blinked a few times, not convinced I was seeing what was in front of my eyes. The little Pokémon on the other bed must've realized this as she lowered her arms to the bed and crawled towards me. Her head nudged the hand closest to her until I finally lifted it up and placed it between her two ears.

"Plusle," I whispered.

"Seems like you know him pretty well," Rudi noticed.

"She," I corrected as I felt the bed shift beside me. I didn't look away from Plusle as I continued to scratch her head. At least she was able to free herself this time. Knowing that, I felt a bit relieved. "She was a Pokémon I saved in Hoenn."