Chapter 4: Celestial Damage

WARNING: The following chapter contains typos, odd sentence structures, and who knows whatnot as the silly writer of this story decided to make last minute changes, increasing the word count by 1,000+ words. How that was possible is unknown, but please keep in mind as I wanted this chapter up before things got crazy.

Oh, and this chapter contains dark themes mentioned at the beginning of the story, so read at your own risk. From now on, I'll be making these announcements of dark themes before the chapter starts.

(-o-)

Clyde Damion wasn't joking when he said Celestic Town would be nearly impossible to get away with the operation if there wasn't a gigantic distraction. That distraction would have to be me. The man was clever enough to be working with Team Miasma on this project, or else there would be no way he'd pull it off.

People came from all over the Sinnoh region for this. I could tell as there were a few Gym Leaders and Sinnoh celebrities I've seen in newspapers and online articles I came across when researching Lantana's whereabouts. Whatever this Celestic Town Festival was, it was by far the biggest event I've ever seen. It was hard to even see where I was going. People's shoulders brushed against one another as crowds tried to move to particular events going on. It made me wonder why a big event would happen in such a small town. Sinnoh had other places that could hold a big event far better than here.

The only good thing that came out of the crowd was that I was able to lose the other members of Team Miasma for a moment. Without anyone watching my every move, I allowed myself to sneak on the outskirts of the town. It was there I let out a Pokémon I felt would enjoy herself the most here: Plusle.

Every part of me wanted to let out Rudi's Braviary, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Not now. Who knows where they could be hiding. This is why I let out my Plusle. She was a small little cream and crimson colored Pokémon with little plus signs on her cheeks. Seeing that she was outside her Poké Ball and wasn't in the bedroom like she normally was, Plusle squealed in excitement and ran around in circles for a moment.

I smiled. Plusle was the one Pokémon I could never use in battle. She was just a hatchling, or at least, I think she was. The poor Pokémon didn't know how to use any attacks, but that didn't matter. There was more to a Pokémon than battling. Being that she originated from Hoenn, it would make more sense to have her out than any of my Pokémon. Any Unova-native Pokémon would cause a huge riot.

While she stretched her legs for a moment, I walked over towards a bush that had some berries on it. They seemed like they didn't belong to anyone due to the open area around it. I took this as an opportunity to pick a few. The berries that I had found just so happened to have a healing quality to regain strength, which could come in handy.

"Okay, now why don't you tell me what's bothering you?" I heard someone ask.

I slowly turned around to find a seventeen year-old girl with long pink hair hanging down to her waist walking out of the crowd, ushered by an eighteen year-old with dark brown hair. My eyes widened as they became clearer, and when they did, I didn't think twice as I dove behind the bushes, feeling the branches scrape against my bare skin. My lips pressed together to prevent any sound from coming out while I held my breath.

I shouldn't have to worry about anyone recognizing me. Before coming to this thing, every member of Team Miasma wore a disguise to blend in with everyone. For me, I wore a long brown wig, with prescription sunglasses over my eyes. It helped that it was a nice day out that I could use that to hide my gray eyes. A flowy pink tank top and a blue skirt with white leggings replaced my usual black leather suit I wore as Swanna Girl. Well, the Team Miasma version of Swanna Girl that is.