"Hold on, Lena," Kara begged, "We're nearly there."

Kara flew as directly as she could for National City General Hospital. With every second, Kara could hear Lena's heart rate slowing, and her breath becoming more laboured. Kara flew too fast to allow for tears, though her head spun and her body urged her to stop. A few seconds later Kara landed in an alleyway to the side of the hospital where the bins were kept, and carried Lena inside the ER on foot.

"I need help!" Kara called. "Help, my friend's been shot! She - she's - "

"Ma'am, are you - " a nurse began.

"Please! You have to help her!" Kara cried, tears finally falling.

Within moments a blur of medical staff surrounded Kara, taking Lena and placing her on stretcher bed, and wheeling her out of sight. Kara could hear them calling medical terms to one another as they hurried away, but her head was too muddled and sore to make sense of any of it.

"Ma'am, what's your friends name?" a nurse with a clipboard asked.

It took Kara a second to realise that the nurse was taking to her. Kara wiped her eyes with the back of her sleeve, and noticed that her hands were covered with blood. "I - umm. She's Lena. Lena Luthor."

The nurse looked up and raised an eyebrow. "The Lena Luthor?" she asked.

"Yes," Kara spat. "Is that an issue?"

"No, ma'am. No issue. Now, do you want to see someone yourself, or - "

"No, I - " Kara looked down at herself, and noticed that there was blood all over her cardigan and jeans. "I'm ok."

"You sure?" the nurse asked, looking at Kara's red-raw wrists.

"Yeah, fine," Kara said, crossing her arms in a lame attempt to hide her injuries. "I - should go home. Get changed. Come back later."

"Good idea," said the nurse.

"Yeah," Kara said, and walked out of the ER, half in a trance, barely noticing the other people there staring at her blood-soaked clothes, and their surprise that a skinny woman like Kara could have carried her lifeless friend unaided.

Kara made her way back to the dark alleyway before taking off again. It was easier to fly without carrying Lena, but now her arms felt empty and useless. Despite her aching body and waning powers, Kara shot up as high as she dared, grateful for the fresh, cold air at altitude. She did need to go home, but not to her own house. She needed help.

Golden light shone from behind the curtain's of Alex Danver's bedroom. Kara was grateful Alex was still awake as she knocked on the window. She waited a moment for the curtain to be drawn aside, and waved when she saw Alex. Alex's eye's widened as she saw Kara floating outside her bedroom, and she flung the window open.

"Kara! What the hell are you playing at?" she hissed as Kara climbed inside and Alex shut and locked the window and closed the curtains again. "You'd better have one heck of a good reason to be - "

"Alex..." Kara said, holding onto Alex's dressing table for support. "Everything's gone wrong and I... I don't - they shot Lena and she's in hospital and I - I don't..."

"Holy shit, Kara," Alex said, looking at Kara. "Get in the bathroom."

"What?"

"You are covered in blood! You are not getting that all over my carpet!"

"It's not mine," Kara said, allowing Alex to lead her into the bathroom.

Alex turned on the light and Kara sat down on the edge of the bath.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I'm so..."

"Shut-up," Alex said, grabbing a clean face-cloth and running it under the tap. She washed Kara's face. "What happened? What do you mean Lena got shot?"

"I walked into a trap. I knew it was a trap but I - it was worse than I thought. And then they got Lena but she wouldn't play along and I don't know if that saved us or made everything worse or - "

"Oh god," Alex said, having taken Kara's hand and seeing her wrist. "I'm taking you to the DEO."

"No! No, please no, I'm ok," Kara said, tears welling in her eyes. "I'll be ok, I promise."

"You need yellow sunlight..."

"I'm healing already, I promise," Kara lied.

"No, Kara, you need - "

"Alex, listen to me!" Kara cried, grabbing Alex by the hand. "Please. I don't need the Director the the DEO. That isn't why I came here. I need help. I need my sister. I need you to tell me that everything is going to be ok."