"He's not like that." I say defending him.

"Oh no we know Ilana just likes gossip." Faze says.

"Do not! The production guys were talking about how they would talk for hours during break and he let her take longer breaks." Ilana says crossing her arms.

I was getting annoyed hearing her talk about him like this.

"They work together and she's a good worker and my husband appreciates good work ethic so." I say finishing my soup.

I headed back up with them and Opened the office door .The two were sitting there. I actually felt really uncomfortable. 

"Can you kno...oh come in sweetheart." He says lowering his voice. There was this weird uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. a feeling I cant explain but really didnt like. 

I took a seat and opened my books. They talked for a few minutes and she left.

I kept my eyes glued to the book. Yaseen pulled my chair towards him until our legs touched.

" what." I ask looking at him.

" What are you doing talking to them." He asks leaning forward.

"Well I was hungry." I say looking away from him.

"Ok but why were you sitting with them. You're superior to them."

"firstly I'm not superior to anyone and I went with them Because they offered and it would be rude of me to say No when we're all going to be in the same place. And they're kind."

"So because they're kind." He says repeating what I said.

"Did you not hear the other reason?" I ask.

He leaned back and looked up and then at me.

"Qulsum. If you want to socialize go ahead. But you're sitting next to a man."

"We're all talking Yaseen. This isn't that deep. Stop overreacting."

"Overreacting?"

"Ok so that bothers you?" I say looking at him. I put my book on his desk and stand up ready to go off at this oblivious man.

"Ok well put me in a car with him to meet a client. We'll get hungry on the way back so allow us to eat together too." I say landing my eyes back at him.

"You're crossing your limits-" He says trying to stay calm.

"You're crossing yours. If you can't see me do that, then what makes you think that I can see you in a car with another woman sitting on my seat?" I ask looking him in the eye ready to snap.

"I was meeting a new client. This was purely for business purposes."

"You have hundreds of other workers present, yet she was taken."

"I didn't pick her."

"I'm going to be working with Faze. In sales." I say changing the subject and he stared at me.

"Qulsum. I understand where you're coming from." Yaseen says taking my hand. He was just mad because I was switching up. He's giving me a position that literally doesn't exist.

"Oh do you now?" I say folding my arms.

"You'll work with Chloe if you wanna learn sales." Yaseen says.

"No I will not. There's absolutely no way." I snap.

"Fine. You can't join sales then."

"You know what Yaseen, you always want it your way. So have it. Because I quit."

"Qulsum it's literally your second day."

"And my last. I'm not working with you. Ever. See you at home. I say grabbing the key from the top of his desk.

"Qulsum stop being so childish."

I left the room and shut the door.

"Bye Maryam I'm leaving early." I say.

I see Faze and wave and then head down.

Stupid Yaseen. He thinks he's so perfect and always right.

I got in the car and drove home.

I started making dinner and then did some cleaning and finally sat down and started binge watching my show. Murdoch mysteries.

After a few hours Yaseen was home.

"Hey sweetheart." He says sitting down next to me.

"Hi." I say.

"How was your day?"

"Good."

"Ok let's talk about today. Can you pause your show."

" I don't want to talk about it. If I'm not there it won't bother me."

"That's not how it works and you know that."

"well i already quit so thats how its gong to work."

"you need to give in a resignation form."

"Fine ill come in tomorrow and give it."

"Qulsum why do you want to work with Faze."

"Ok so since we're going to talk about it, i had time to think things over and here is what i have concluded to. I dont have a problem with you going with cloe. will i get jealous? ofcourse but its fine ill get over it. i trust you and thats what matters. That being said I think its fair for you to let me work with Faze. He's my friends brother and he's good at his job. surely you trust me and him too since he works under you. deal?"

"Thats a lot of thinking for someone who quit."

"well i never gave in-"

"Ya Ya. you're right I can't have it both ways. I'll let Faze train you. But just so we're clear I don't choose who I take. so sometimes its her."

"Ok perfect."

"Please don't just go home like that. It's really childish and it gives people things to talk about. Let's not let our relationship come in the way of our work. So some professionalism would be appreciated."

"My God you're so rude. Stop calling me childish. It's actually super annoying."

He begins to laugh and then kisses my cheek.

"You wanna go out to eat?"

"I already cooked some rice."

"oh that's too bad."

"Come on." I say getting up and pulling his arm.

"I'm going to change. I'll be back."

"Ok be quick." I said smiling.

I set the dinner table and waited for him to come down.

"Smells good."

"Really."

"mhm almost as good as you." He says sitting down.

"you can't flirt Yaseen. you're really bad." I say laughing.

"like you're any better."

"That's why i don't try." I say putting the rice on his plate.

"It'd be nice if you did."

"wives flirt by-" I put my hand out to feed him rice

"Feeding their husbands." I said making him laugh.

"Qulsum?"

"Yes?"

"Don't you think we should go on a honeymoon?"

-

its been a hot minute! for those who are still reading this story i'll be more consistent! tell me your thoughts and VOTE