The man in the gray suit

Qulsum's POV.

After 2 hours of sleep I went down to find my mom. I felt my stomach grumbling it's been a while since this has happened.

I went towards the living room and quickly turned around seeing Yaseen sitting there eating.

"Stop." I hear him say and I shut my eyes and turn around.

Not again.

"You better not come near me." He scoffs.

"You left me!"

"I don't break promises. I told you to be there! I TOLD YOU DIDN'T I!"

I flinch as soon as he raises his voice.

"Did I tell you?" He asks lowering his voice.

"Did I?" He repeats and I shake my head up and down.

"Then where the f*ck were you? I swear I wish you got stuck there so bad."

"What would you tell your mom?"

He doesn't respond and then stares at me giving me a deathly glare.

"That you died." He says under gritted teeth.

"You don't break prom-"

"I don't wanna hear that big mouth of yours any more. F*ck off please." He says putting his hand out like he was a king.

I stare at him and raise my eyebrow.

I walk over and sit on the couch in front of him.

He was staring right at me. I'm not surprised because if he came and sat randomly I would too.

I looked at him and he suddenly looked uncomfortable. He looked away and popped a walnut in his mouth and put his eyes onto the laptop screen.

I didn't say anything I just sat there. Hoping maybe I could get use to him.

"There we are. I was up looking for you!" Mama says walking in. She stops and looks at me then at Yaseen then back at me and her smile just grew wider and wider.

"So! Come on time for our family game!"

"You're actually serious?" Yaseen says looking up at her and then for like 2 seconds his eyes land on me and then he quickly shifts his eyes to the ground. His eyebrows were furrowed and he just looked so angry.

Damn can he relax.

"Yeah! Come on it'll be fun. The plumbs are ripe and the weathers great."

"Then what are Russell and Jared gonna do?"

"They'll... Play along too." She says shrugging.

"BUT They're obviously gonna win since they do all this garden stuff all the time! It's their job. Not fair game." I say.

"Oh my God you can't be serious! Its fu- ITS PLUMB PICKING"

I flinch and take a step back.

"Stop scaring her. So what if its plumb picking?" His mom says taking my hand.

Oh he must be so mad that she's taking my side.

"Women..." He scoffs walking off clearly irritated.

"He's such a kid sometimes" she whispers and then the two of us laugh.

"Ok we're gonna wait out in the garden!" She calls out and starts to laugh.