Chapter Seventeen

Beginne am Anfang

"A serial killer? You watch too many crime and investigation shows" he laughed it off.

Then I saw the beach resort sign and realized where we were.

"Where it all started" I whispered and turned to see him beaming.

We checked in and were given the very same hut, Dom slept in when we were last here. Dom showered first and left ahead to check on things. I showered and wore the dress he made me. Dom liked my hair curly so that meant a trip to the salon earlier today. I wore gold ear rings and left things simple. My feet were bare as Dom instructed and I sat waiting till someone knocked on the door.

I opened the door to find Dom with his hand held out. I took it and he led me not towards the restaurant but out on the beach. We walked a bit of a distance and I saw the table set. The whole ten yards of a romantic dinner on the beach.

"Our spot" he smiled and pulled out the chair for to sit on. I sat down and he sat across from me with our sides facing the ocean.

"Romantic enough?" He quizzed.

"Definitely romantic enough" I held his hand and laced my fingers with his.

"What are we eating?" I asked staring at whatever was still covered on the platter.

"I got an assorted platter of seafood" he lifted the cover and there were six divisions. There was lobster, shrimp, squid, grilled fish, fried prawns in batter and oysters.

"Oh my" I said, "this all looks delicious"

We started to eat and he poured us wine as he told me about Christmas with his dad. He asked me about Ada and how we were friends. He needed some background before attending her wedding. It was almost midnight when we realized that we were done eating over an hour ago.

"Come take a picture with me" he stood up and held up his phone. He put an arm around me and we smiled as he took the photo.

"Capturing the moment?"

"Yes and sending it to family and friends"

"What?"

"You're not the only one who gets to show off to your friends" he laughed and showed me the beautiful photo, which he had edited a cursive script text saying, "Happy New Year, with love from Dominic and Kerry"

"I've sent it to my family, Lucas, Tim and Paba. Just letting them know how I started my new year" he smiled.

"Send it to me. I'd send it to my people too"

The minute I got it I sent it to both my families and Alexa.

"It's midnight" Dom told me, drawing me closer to him as the sea breeze blew my curls against his face. He had dipped his head then kissed me slowly at first then deeply. I could not help but kiss him back with the same passion fueling his kiss.

"Happy new year, my love"

"Happy new year, my love" I repeated.

"Let's get back to our hut" he suggested and we walked hand in hand back to the hut.

We tiptoed to the bathroom and washed the beach sand off our feet. Dom had to help me by holding up the bottom of my dress as I held the shower nozzle at my feet. I towel led my feet dry and he let the edge of the dress drop back to my feet.

We entered the sleeping area and as I watched him sit on the edge of the bed, I had my moment of clarity. I just knew it was the right time.

I knelt in front of him and pulled him down for a kiss conveying my want for him without words.

He pulled back and looked me directly. "Kerry, what was that kiss for?"

He knew the answer to that question and I loved him even more for confirming what he believed I was trying to say.

"I want you" I said simply. I had never done this before. With Damien, there had been no words, no confirming what the other person was truly feeling.

"Kerry, are you sure about this?"

"I was going to wait till my birthday but I just know... now"

"You had a date in mind. I hope I'm not rushing you into anything with this romantic getaway and all"

"No, I've known for sometime. Why are you having doubts?"

"I have no doubt in my mind that I want you here and now"

The desire in his eyes said it all.

"I'm all yours" I said softly and pulled him for yet another kiss. My hunger for him and the need of my desires to be met more increasingly obvious in this kiss than the one before.

"If you decide at any moment to stop, we'll stop. I'll stop, okay?" He whispered against my lips and I nodded.

He pulled me up and we were both facing each other, his hands were on the both shoulders of my dress slowly sliding them down my arm. "Okay?" He paused.

"Don't stop" I assured him.