Chapter 16 "Godly Errands"

Start from the beginning

She wasn't lying nor withholding information from me, but part of me lacked trust in this Kelly girl.

A gentle smile crept on her face, she tucked her brown hair behind her ear and spoke softly. "She's very temporal. I'm sure she'll get over it and return to her cabin in a few."

I didn't respond and simply looked at her, she was short and stocky yet cute. Her brown hair met her shoulders in ringlets and she had doe like brown eyes matched with a button face. She wasn't bad but she wasn't gorgeous. At the same time I felt placed under some kind of spell, like I took every word she spoke to heart.

I shook my head out of the daze and nodded, "You're probably right. I'll check later then."

Part of me still felt uneasy however... I would simply have to wait and see.

SHIVA'S POV

If only I had my full capabilities and wasn't compromised by Zeus. It's simply unfair, I didn't ask to be titan or any of that. I was accustomed to a life style and now it's gone! I walked and walked and walked. My feet kicked at the rocks of the pavement and my eyes scanned through the towering trees taking in the wilderness. I practically gasped when I heard the crunch of rocks from a distance, I backed away as it grew louder only to reveal a... black shiny and moving box appearing over the hill. It moved towards me and came to halt. A door flew open revealing a young woman in a black trench coat sitting in the back.

"Get in Shiva." The woman ordered, her voice stern yet convincing. I tried to take in her appearance but it was a blur for some reason. I shrugged and crawled into the moving box, the door shut behind me and I was sat upon a leather chair next to the woman.

"Who are you? And what is this moving box." I asked.

"It's you're favorite adoptive mother."

"Eh-Hera?" I suggested confused.

The woman nodded and suddenly her face cleared. "Indeed, and this is a car not a 'moving box' my dear." She retorted.

I squeezed my lips into a thin line and glared at her, "Why are you here?"

Hera sighed and fluffed her brown curls out onto her shoulders, "You'd be helpless without me dear, just like you were with that little stunt you pulled."

"You mean we?"

"Yeah yeah whatever, anyways, Zeus has been busying himself with earthly business; probably some broad, and I've been terribly bored AND concerned of course. Despite everything I was still your mother in a way, I took care of you and developed a dearest relationship with you-"

"What is it you want from me?"

Hera gave up her rambling and cut to the point, "Look, I can help you receive your powers back if you help me!"

"Why should I help you? The last time I helped anyone I ended up getting cast out of Olympus." I retorted.

"Well dear, the last time only went wrong because you didn't listen to me! This time I'll make sure you do what you're told and we'll both get what we want in the end!" She said as she began pouring herself a glass of champagne.

"Hera-"

"Mother." She corrected.

I rolled my eyes, "Mother, I'm tired of dealing other gods and half mortals. I just want to spend time alone, powers or not."

"I don't blame you, those half mortals especially. Products of infidelity and sexual misconduct. They're disgusting truly. Some gods and goddesses can't keep it in their pants." She sighed.

I wanted to interject but she wasn't wrong in the slightest. I agreed with her. It gave me discomfort at the sheer amount of godly children running around. But I already knew where her hatred was rooted from, Hercules and the mortals Zeus has affairs with.

"How will me helping you benefit you? What are you wanting me to do?" I asked.

Hera smiled gently, "I won't tell you exactly. You'll find out along the way my dear. I just have some errands I need you to run for me."

I raised an eyebrow, "You're not doing a good job at convincing me."

She nodded sympathetically, "Just trust me and give it time. What else do you have to lose?"

She wasn't wrong.

Call me naive but I agreed to her terms, I was terribly bored and somewhat resentful. I found myself meddling in godly business once again.

Authors Note

I'm genuinely shocked that my story managed to get 3000 reads. I just wrote it out of interest and to fill up my class time. It's crazy how something you're passionate is enjoyed by other people.

I'm sorry I haven't updated regularly or recently for that matter, I dealing with college stuff and my mothers health issues. I didn't think anybody would enjoy this in the slightest.

Please leave a comment or vote, I'll respond to and read all of your comments. It encourages me to update more often and shows me that you guys are interested!

-Emma