Chapter 3: Rearing in the Beast

Start from the beginning

Mother's carefully gardened rose bushes that are lined around the castle is now encircled in a hammock while the logs that are decaying that serves as the rose bushes' fertilizers are completely gone. Raunchy vampires stormed in and out of the beautiful oak doors that is the entrance of my home . The worst part? Oh, I see cement-- fresh cement-- plastered in the walls and a few more bags hidden in view.

Well color me pink and orange and fùck me with a flag pole.

They are trying to renovate my castle! The Winchester castle! My mother's living legacy! My father's hard earned love!

Oh, they are going to die tonight.

Die the hard way.

"Calvin, calm down." Domovov said in a careful voice as his footsteps echoed just behind me. My shoulders shook as my eyes settled on patches of cement around the castle walls.

"Don't be such a baby, Calvin," Colton fùcking Wellington scoffed as he stepped out of the car. When his gaze landed on the castle and saw the cement, he got the message and froze on his spot. A minute later, he gave a low whistle, slowly assessing the changes. "Wow," he said shaking his head in disappointment ", I hate to say that they are fùcked real bad but they are. No wonder you were looking morbid the moment you stepped out of the car."

"No shít," I hissed at Colton who just smirked at me. God I hate this guy. Why was he even my friend before?! "If this looks bad, then I wonder what Genevieve did to your lands, the Wellington castle?"

The sweet taste of victory crept into me as his smile fell of almost immediately. He growled at me and clenched his fists tight. "She wouldn't dare," he said menacingly, his eyes flashing a dangerous red.

"One can only hope," I said grinning at him wickedly. Volleying his words back to him.

"Oh why did I even agree to have both of you here?" Domovov said palming his face as we glared at each other ", I am slowly evaluating my life; I see nothing to deserve my fate baby sitting two vampire lords who are obviously not acting according to their age."

"Quit whining now, Domovov or I'm going to punch you," I muttered as I stalked towards Gustav who averted his gaze from me. He took a hooded jacket from the front seat where Leo sat and handed it to me. I snatched it out of his grasp and put it on immediately. The relationship between my general and I is now strained since the day Holly disappeared. I have isolated myself from them and blamed everything to him and Leo considering that I ordered them to keep her around. My thoughts immediately flew to the platinum haired girl that is now missing from the face of the earth. Erica, the alpha lycan who's her friend, is still sulking over her death but still sent suggestive thoughts that she could comfort me over Holly's demise. Personally, I didn't care about the little bítch but I think, for someone sulking over her friend's death, that's she's taking her death well as she parties a lot around the bars in California.

My mind transported back to the platinum haired girl. That slave...when I find her body, I'm going to rip it to pieces for not sticking to her word.

Stepping inside the castle infuriated me more than soothe and bring nostalgia. It was horrendous! The centuries old castle is being transformed into a whòre house!

A whòre house without whòres!

It would've have been acceptable if there are naked humans running around but no, only drunken men and women who looked--or thought-- high and mighty. I almost just stared and gaped at the people around if Gustav haven't pulled me into an empty corridor going to the servants' quarters where less people are walking around. The cobble walls and the pillars that stood magically is not altered, thank god, and the small garden just outside wasn't either. Other than that, I fumed at everything else. Modern lamps replaced the gorgeous nineteen hundreds antique brass ones I bought from Mesopotamia and the rugs that hung in the castle walls brought from Egypt woven by women in rich silk, fiber and thin strands of gold is now missing and instead, in its place, is a huge flat screen television that I want nothing more than to rip.