save those that can be saved

summary: bellamy and clarke pull the lever at mount weather only to discover they can't save their people
*where bellamy and y/n are dating

time frame: season 2

word count: 1650

~~

shaking as she held the radio, clarke tried to convince cage to stop the madness. after hearing his refusal, she shot president wallace. after hearing the gunshot, bellamy and clarke watched the tv closely, waiting in anticipation to see their next move.

bellamy could hear clarke muttering nonsense about how someone was coming to the control centre, and how they needed to work quick. but is mind was focused on only one screen, the screen showing y/n, his beautiful girlfriend, strapped onto a table surrounded by his friends, being drilled into for her bone marrow. the only thing he could hear was her screams, the only thing he could see was her gorgeous face, flushed with sweat and screaming in pain and agony.

not being able to see her after hearing about her being captured in mount weather drove bellamy insane. he was willing to do anything to get her back and to save his people. being so close to getting them all back while also being so close to losing her was more than he could handle.

'monty,' bellamy said lowly, his voice raspy and choked up 'we need to do something quick.'

'i'm trying bellamy' monty replied, brushing off bellamys demands and continued to type quickly.

bellamy was on the verge of tears, in just a few rooms down lay his amazing girlfriend, the woman that he loved, being tortured, screaming in pain and on the brink of death and he couldn't do anything to help her. he couldn't be there to ease her pain, to tell her that he was there for her. he couldn't be there to try and find the evil people doing these inhumane acts. he couldn't be there when his girlfriend needed him the most. and it tore him apart.

'that's it' bellamy stated, wiping the tears from his eyes. 'i cant just sit around and watch anymore'

he went to the door, guns at the ready, prepared to fight off anyone and everyone that got between him and y/n. before he could reach the handle clarke pulled him back.

'let go of me clarke!' bellamy shouted, shaking his arm from her grip. shocked by his sudden change of demeanour, she stepped back a bit but regained her confidence posture after a few moments.

'bellamy,' clarke said softly, touching her hand to bellamys biceps 'going out there and dying isn't going to help y/n'

'yeah well staying cooped up here and watching them kill her isn't helping her either now is it clarke' bellamy sassed back.

the two were interrupted by loud bangs at the door. emerson had begun to knock down the door to their room, bringing both leaders attention to the tv screens once again.

'he's going to break in' clarke said matter-of-factly

'wait, clarke look' bellamy pointed to the screen where you were being held. cage had just walked in and told the doctors to stop drilling. bellamy felt as though a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders as his girlfriend was safe, or so he thought.

'set up the second bed' cage instructed 'and strap this one in. she means a lot to the intruders.' cage pointed at abby and then stared directly into the camera. he was fighting fire with fire.

clarke's eyes immediately softened. she was willing to do anything to keep her family safe. bellamy felt his chest tighten once again as he saw that y/n was not safe but rather still very much in danger.