Chapter 8

"What should I wear?" I mumbled to myself, searching through my closet. I had pulled out at least six or seven outfits but none felt right. "I'm getting married for fuck sake," I placed the dress back on the bed, "this makes me look like I'm going clubbing." I picked up another dress. "And that makes me look like I'm fourteen and that makes me look like I'm fifty."
"Baby, calm down." Jay's voice filled the room. He was wearing a white shirt with the top button undone with some black jeans and boots. He looked handsome.
"Baby, please help me pick up what to wear. I want to look good for our wedding, even if nobody will be watching." I smiled, rubbing my hand up his arm. He smiled and kissed my head.
"I don't mind what you wear," he kissed my head, "you could go naked if you wanted." He laughed, cupping my butt. I playfully slapped his chest.
"We will have plenty of time for that after you make me Mrs.Halstead." I kissed him. "So Just help me pick what to wear." He rolled us eyes and looked at all the outfits I had laid out and he picked up a dress.
"I like this." He handed me over the dress. It was black with a see-through lace top and the skirt was short and pleated and made of cotton. I smiled at him as he handed me a pair of suede black heels.
"I love you!" I smiled, happy, going into our bathroom to change. I returned a couple of minutes later, my soon-to-be husband sat on our bed, looking back up at me. He whistled as I twirled, making me laugh.
"You sure we have to leave now?" He smirked, kissing down my neck and grasping my ass, making me part my lips to catch my breath. He bit my ear lobe while he ran his hands between my legs, turning me on. I rolled my neck back and rested my forehead against his chest, his lips grazing my neck. Then he pulled away. "Don't wanna be late, do we." He smirked.
We pulled out outside, being greeted by Natalie outside. She look really lovely in a long skirt and blouse. She greeted me pleasantly as we walked inside to meet Erin.
"Halstead, Kingston." A woman called, leading us into a room. Nat and Erin followed closely. "Mr.Halstead, please sign here and Miss.Kingston, here." She instructed. We both did as instructed. "Do either of you," she looked between Natalie and Erin, "know any reason in law why this couple may not be married?" They both shook their heads. "In that case, please sign here." She handed them the pen. "Congratulations, Mr and Mrs.Halstead."
I kissed Jay sweetly and he held me against him for a moment. Our witnesses clapped and I smiled down at the floor. Jay took my hand and all four left the building.
"Congratulations, Jay. You too, Ally."
"Thank you guys, so much." I hugged both Natalie and Erin before they left, leaving me and Jay by ourselves. He hugged me.
"Oh, shit, I almost forgot." He laughed, feeling in his pocket. "I got you this." He took my left hand and slid the ring onto my finger. The matte-Black ring shone in the evening light and the single diamond glimmered, refracting the light into Jay's shirt.
"It's beautiful, Jay. Thank you, you didn't have to get me a ring." I chocked up, admiring it. He let out a small breath and smiled, capturing my lips in his. "I, umm, got you one too." I showed him an almost identical black ring with the same black-matte band. "And I get it if you don't wear it but I though what the harm in just having it."
"Thank you, Addy or should I say Mrs.Halstead?" He asked, holding my waist. He kissed me. He took the ring from my hand and examined it, moving it between his forefinger and thumb. He slipped it onto his finger, surprising me. "If they notice, I'll tell them. Fuck it. I love you so much," he leant me against the bonnet of his car and ran his cheek down my neck, his scruff feeling good, "I don't want you to be a figment if my imagination." He kissed my neck. "But you still belong to me, princess."