Chapter 2

"Rise and shine, Addy." My guitarist, Ryan, cheered, bursting into my room. I rubbed my eyes and grumbled.
"What time is it?"
"It's six thirty." He laughed as I rolled over, hissing at the light.
"Ugh, fuck off." I groaned. Before I could react, he pulled the covers off me. "You are so mean." I whined, sitting up. My hair was still in the same French braids I put it in last night and I was still in the same shirt, too. My shorts were conveniently on the floor so I just put them back on. I tried to comb out my hair but gave up, leaving it curly and free.
"Why are we up so early?" I asked, talking to Ryan as we walked down the corridor only to see a group of men standing around in a circle, talking to my manager and band mates. "Hah, who are all these-"
"Addilyn be quite," was all my manager could say, "this is Hank, Chief of the detective force here in Chicago." He introduces us. Hank seemed like a nice guy.
"Great to meet you But why are the cops here?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows. Hank stepped forward and addressed our whole band.
"There has been a gun threat at your next concert, aimed at Addilyn. For your protection, you will all have a security guard with you at all times." The man stated. I nodded, not phased by the threat. "You have each been assigned an officer but, unfortunately, Addilyn, we only have Male officers." He looked, waiting for me to say something.
"Okay, I don't really care if it's a guy." I laughed. He nodded and called in his team. Five men walked in, all dressed casually.
"Okay, Kevin you have been assigned to Luke." The two guys shook hands and walked off. "Antonio to Ryan." Again the two introduced and walked off. "Alvin to Jake, Adam to Jamie." That left me. Hank turned around to look at the last guy while I looked down. "And Jay, that leaves you to Addilyn."
I looked up and smiled when I saw the face. He was cuter in daylight but it was the same guy I had run into the previous night. He smile, a hint of laughter leaving his lips before he shook my hand.
"Jay Halstead." I blushed.
"Addilyn Kingston. It's nice to meet you, Jay."
"You too." He smiled as we bang to walk off. Because he was my body guard, we had to share a room- I now understood why the chief detective had been so iffy about it being a guy.
"So how long are you protecting me for?" I asked. He looked over at me as I opened up my room, revealing the double bed. "I mean how long am I graced with you presence for?" I laughed. He came into the room and shut the door behind me. "I mean like, how long do I have to put up with you?" This time, he laughed.
"Two week, unfortunately." He smiled.
I explained to him the basics of my routine, showed him the shower and helped him out his bags away, too. We actually had a lot in common like books, movies, video games and music.
"So, ever heard of my band?" I asked, leaning again my bed frame, him sat at the other end. He nodded, explaining that the previous night he had recognised me from the album cover of our second record 'better days' and that he did like my band. "Favourite song?" I asked.
"Which record?" He asked, cockily. I tilted my head.
"One form each record, including each EP." He smirked. His jacket was on the floor, alone with mine and both our pairs of shoes.
"Okay from the EPs, 'Better than this' from 'The first and last'," I nodded in approval, "from 'After Peace comes freedom' I'd say my favourite was 'take aim' and from 'sticks and stones', I'd have to say my favourite was 'meeting by chance'." He looked at me with the last one, a look that I couldn't read, although it had meaning. "And from your albums, I'd have to say that 'still here' is my favourite one of your records and my favourite songs would have to be 'scream my name', 'all over now' and 'even when I sleep, I love you'. But my favourite song of yours has to be 'shots fired'."