Scene 3 - The DT19

Washington Airport. The pilots are in their craft, preparing to take off on the runway. Gently swaying out towards the long stretch of road. The craft is small, more like a small jet with seats for one hundred people. The Delta Tanger One – Niner is ready on the runway, and communication lines open.

Pilot Metcalfe:

Delta Tanger One – Niner to Control, lifting off for Los Angeles.

Control:

Roger, Delta Tanger.

In the nearby trees, a hider, a minion of the Hood is camouflaged superbly well in the bushes of the tree as he sits on a strong branch, reaching out as do the others of this large tree. He holds a shotgun with him, carefully aiming at the aircraft. As she is about to launch – BANG! Something splats on the top of the craft. A small little device, the size of a keyring. Black, sophisticated and technologically computerized, it magnetizes itself to the jet. The device digs itself into the metal of the ship. Moments later, she begins rolling out. The DT19 runs across the track before lifting into the air gracefully and soaring into the air, on course for Los Angeles. The minion's work has been completed. He grabs hold of his communicator, a simple device with a microphone to speak with.

Minion 2:

Report. The bug has been planted on the DT19. She has just left the airport for Los Angeles.

The craft then rises and reaches into the sky. The cabin featuring a long stretch of controls and buttons next to the window, and the two rather wooden characterized American pilots sit with their black wheel to them, and their holograms in the centre of the space.

Pilot Svenson:

DT19 to Control, leaving Washington. En route to Los Angeles.

Control:

Very good, Delta Tanger. Have a pleasant trip.

Pilot Metcalfe:

Ladies and gentlemen, we hope you have a pleasant flight to Los Angeles during your two-hour journey with us on Delta Tanger One Niner. Thank you.

Pilot Svenson:

Well, at Los Angeles we might be able to see the World's President's jet.

Pilot Metcalfe:

Yeah. On a matter of security no doubt.

Pilot Svenson:

Like?

Pilot Metcalfe:

Like the stolen goods at Manchester earlier.

Pilot Svenson:

What's it got to do with the President you reckon?

Pilot Metcalfe:

Not a lot, perhaps. But all we need to worry about is getting our passengers to safety.