Chapter 6

JISOO

"Here." I handed Jennie a glass of cold water and sat across from her on Irene's bed. "How are you feeling?"

After what happened back at the Boutique, Jennie had gotten a bad migraine and by the time Soojoo and I showed up for dinner at Irene and Bogum's house, she was still resting her eyes.

"Feels worse than a hang over." Jennie muttered, squinting her eyes a bit as they adjusted to the soft candles in the room. "Did you light those?"

I smiled and shrugged. "I know you used to like waking up to soft light after a bad migraine," I looked at her and sighed, "figured not that much has changed."

Jennie smiled gratefully at me and took another sip of the cold water. "So what do you do now Jisoo?"

I smiled and sighed, "I actually don't really do much as far as a real job goes. Soojoo owns a surf shop in Jeju, she pretty much designs the boards herself as well as the accessories. I just write from home, really."

Jennie looked impressed and smiled back at me. "You write?"

I nodded. "I actually started in College. It's kind of an obsession now but I'm also writing small short stories in Jeju Files."

Jeju Files was a popular magazine for local artists, whether it was creative writing, comics or poetry. It also featured popular music artists from around the area.

"That's awesome Jisoo." Jennie smiled at me and looked down. "Do you two surf?"

"Every morning if we can." I grinned and leaned back a bit, stretching out slightly. "Soojoo enters the small competitions; I just pretty much surf for the fun of it."

"I don't mean to step out of line here but," she flashed me her famous sexy grin, "that's very sexy."

"What?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"That you surf. That you write." Jennie paused and tapped her finger on her lips briefly, "that you're you."

I frowned and shook my head, standing up from off the bed despite her protests. "So not the thing to say right now," I paused, "or ever."

Jennie jumped up as well and grabbed me by the shoulders. "Okay, that was way out of line and stupid of me," she said seriously and bit her lip, "but please don't leave. Despite everything, I've missed you."

I clenched my jaw together.

I've missed you too.

I wouldn't tell her that though. Instead, I sat down crossed-legged across from her and fiddled with the comforter covering the bed. "What do you do?"

"I'm a physiotherapist." Jennie replied with a shrug. "I mainly work with children and adults who have been in minor accidents or who are disabled."

"Wow," I breathed and when I caught her straight face, I frowned, "that is something you should be proud of, Jen."

The shortness of her name caused us both to share a small smile. "I am, Jisoo."

I frowned and allowed my eyes to follow the light patterns on her black and grey tank top. "So what changed?"

"Kai." Jennie sighed heavily and leaned back on her elbows. "He became a Personal Trainer and the program he entered offered the Physiotherapist training. I just decided to go with it instead of wasting my time on offers that weren't coming my way. I went to school and graduated and this is where I am."

"Well," I shrugged and glanced at her slightly, "I'm proud of you."

Jennie's soft brown eyes caught mine and she blushed a little. "That really means a lot coming from you, thanks."