Chapter 11

JENNIE

There are simple things in life that you would normally take for granted. A certain taste of food, or a smell or the smaller things like a look you receive from a friend and yet it matters more than anything in the world.

I took Jisoo for granted. I allowed her to give me her heart and never gave mine back in return. I know a part of me did but I never let her know that.

I wanted to get closer to the raven even though I knew I shouldn't. She was in a good place and I couldn't take that away from her. I just wanted to be friends, keep in touch, maybe if I were back in highschool, we could go for a coffee. But I also knew things weren't that simple, not when it came to us anyway.

Soojoo was perfect for her. She was beautiful, charming and most of all, she showed Jisoo that she loved her and never gave her a reason to doubt that. I watched as she danced on the dance floor in her white buttoned up shirt with her suspenders hanging slightly off her shoulders. Her brown hair was down and flowing with every move she made. Jisoo's hand occupying her slim waist was the one thing that caught my attention. It squeezed and relaxed as they moved their hips together; laughing together.

"Are we going to dance or what?" Irene stepped beside me and I tore my gaze away from the couple.

"Sure." I smiled weakly and Irene noticed it. "What?"

"Where's Kai?" She asked, looking around the hall where a lot of drunk people were dancing.

"He'll be here." I nodded and stood up.

"He already missed the dinner, Bogum's not exactly happy about that." Irene frowned and glanced at her new husband, waving at him shyly.

"I don't have him on a leash," I shrugged and looped my arm through hers, "come on, let's show these ladies how it's done."

Irene smiled but I knew she wanted to ask me more about Kai. We really did try and hide the tension well in front of people, Kai and I, but sometimes the bitterness of the divorce prevented us from doing so. I was rarely home when he was and vice versa.

Kai came clean about his affair with Krystal right after it happened. I was upset but not because I loved the guy and felt hurt, I just knew at that moment that everything I had decided to do with him was a mistake. I was angry at myself for marrying him in the first place when he knew I didn't want it. He also knew I had a lot of money and didn't want to give that up.

We were both pretty petty and selfish in the relationship. I wanted to try and make myself believe that I did want to be with him and that I was in love with him, but I knew deep down that wasn't true.

There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't think of Jisoo. I'd ask Irene if she talked to her and for a while there, she would give me some insight in the raven's life. She never did tell me about Soojoo though. I guess I really didn't have a right to know.

Not after how everything ended.

"It's a slow song!" Irene smiled and noticed her husband was dancing with one of her cousins. "Dance?" She held out her hand and pulled me forward, glancing at Jisoo and Soojoo, who were right beside us. "You have to let her go." She whispered.

I frowned and shuffled us away from the couple a little more. "What?"

"I see the way you look at her, Jen," Irene sighed and played with my hair, "you have to let her go or else you'll confuse the poor thing."

"I'm not doing anything." I hissed and scowled. I wasn't doing anything, not that I was aware of.

"May I cut in?" Soojoo's voice broke us out of our silent staring contest and Irene smiled as she took Soojoo's hand.