"thank you" he said. "enjoy the food, I made it".

"it's probably nasty" I jokingly said.

he gave me a look and I just laughed at him. but then, a older man and woman came over to us.

"leati give me some chicken please" the man said.

leati?

"okay" he said as he put it on his plate.

"oh anastasia, these are my parents. my mother patricia and my father, the second generation owner of anoa'i incorporated, leati" he explained.

"your name's leati too it seems" I said.

"yes... i'm a junior. my full name is leati joseph anoa'i, I just go by joe since leati is also my father's name" he said.

"also it's easier since joe hates being called junior" patricia added.

"well it's nice to meet you two" I said. "I work at anoa'i incorporated as well".

"yes you're the secretary right? joe has told me about you" leati sr. said to me.

"oh really?" I said.

"just talking about how you're new and-" he started to say.

"okay pops" joe said, cutting him off.

"glad to know you anastasia, and I hope that you are stepping up to the plate after celine" his dad told me.

"I am and I will" I said back.

then all of a sudden, alana came over to the grill and wrapped her arms around joe's waist as she was giving me a nasty look. oh boy...

"hey everyone" she said with the fakest smile.

"alana... hi" leati sr. said in which sounded fake.

damn, his parents don't even like her?

"just wanted to know what you guys were doing I see you all guided around the grill" she said as she was still looking at me.

"we just met anastasia, joe's secretary. she's very pretty and a sweetheart" patricia said, which made me smile.

"oh... that's interesting" she mumbled. I knew it made her mad.

"imma go sit down and eat, nice meeting you guys and i'll see you around the cookout joe" I said as I removed myself from the situation before things could get petty and/or awkward.

the cookout was going pretty smoothly for me and the food was great. joe was a pretty good cook. for the most part I was hanging out with trinity and natasha, talking about life and all so I was keeping myself occupied. I also got to know more people that I worked with.

"uh hello everyone" joe said as he randomly started to speak.

"I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for coming out today. I don't usual say that but, thank you. this has been something that we've been having for anoa'i incorporated for many years now and i'm glad that it has continued".

"you all know that i'm all about family, this company was built on family and all I wanna do is make money and continue the legacy and foundation that my grandfather and father left behind. so thank you and may anoa'i incorporated continue to reign!" he continued to say as everyone applauded.

"he saying this like he still ain't gonna be a dick on monday" natasha whispered.

I laughed a bit, cause she was mostly true.

after a little while, I went off to try and find the bathroom. I walked inside of joe's big house and was even more intrigued of the inside more than the out. the kitchen was big and the living room was just up to size.

there were so many damn doors in this house that I didn't know which one was supposed to be the bathroom. I did knock on the doors, finding one of them to be the bathroom but someone was in it.

"you can use the one upstairs!" the person said.

I was hesitant because I didn't wanna go upstairs but then again, I really have to go, so I went anyways. once again, it was all these damn doors! for joe to be living relatively alone, he got made space. but that's what it is with money huh.

I found the door with the bathroom and went to use it and came out. as I was coming down the stairs, I saw alana standing right there looking mad as hell.

"what are you doing up here?! why are you upstairs?!" she exclaimed as she saw me.

"someone was in the bathroom downstairs and I had to go bad" I said.

"you could've waited" she scoffed. "don't ever come up here again".

I wonder if she would've had this energy with anyone else, or is she just being bitchy cause it's me.

"okay so what's worse for you, me peeing on myself like an idiot, getting piss all over the house or me actually using the bathroom?" I said.

there was a long pause of silence between us.

"exactly. so stop being in your feelings over me and excuse me" I said again.

"who's in their feelings? babygirl ain't nobody worried about you" she said.

"you don't like me because joe couldn't cum in time " I shot back.

"you disrespectful little.... UGH!" she shouted out.

joe turned the corner and saw the both of us and was confused on why we were upstairs.

"joe! this disrespectful ass bitch is gonna have the NERVE to talk some shit and be all like some I don't like her because you didn't, just nasty and classless" she whined.

"oh please you was the one that wanted dick on the desk of all things" I scoffed.

she tried to lung at me but joe held her back.

"control your bitch joe" I said as I walked off.

I decided that I was going to leave the cookout a bit early. I was already getting a bit bored anyways but that incident with alana was the icing on the cake.

"guys i'm gonna head out now" I said to them.

"you leaving early too?" natasha wondered.

"joe's bitch is acting reckless and i'm trying hard not to knock her out in front of the office and joe's family so imma remain calm and remove myself from the situation" I told her.

I wanna be disrespectful SO BAD but I held my tongue.

"i'm leaving too anyways, we can head out together" natasha said.

"that's fine" I said back.

I said bye to everyone and natasha and I left the house and went into our own cars.

"what are you doing later?" natasha asked me.

"going home" I said.

"you can come over my place, we can have some wine, watch lifetime movies and talk!" she smiled.

"uh okay" I chuckled.

looks like i'll be having a "single white mother" type of night with natasha. it beats being around that girl and joe letting her be reckless towards everyone.

but besides that, the cookout was actually nice!