I

I prance around the stripper pole, swaying my hips to the sensuous music that's booming from the loudspeakers. I'm dancing, but my body is so tired that my knees are trembling. I feel like I'm about to pass out any minute now.

"Be the seductive temptress that you are! Twerk!. Why is your ass not fucking moving?" Lucio, my cruel uncle, yells.

I saw a look of irritation flash across his face, but I couldn't do any better. I'm in severe pain. He beat me last night until I passed out. I'm walking on eggshells. I'm always in pain, mentally, emotionally, and physically. I wake up in pain, go back to sleep in pain, and do everything in pain. All I know is pain. He loves to see me writhe, cry, and scream in pain. It somehow satisfies him, but storms don't last forever.

I've tried to end my life multiple times, but I always fail, and what comes after is so much worse. I'll willingly give anything to get out of this oppressive place and have a better life.

"Stop!"

Yes!— my mind screams in relief as the music stops.

"Get over here!" I slowly walked over to him. He towered over me. His look was of pure anger. I cower away in fear and he slaps me with such force that I fall to the floor. I held my face. I didn't dare look at him, afraid of what else he might do.

"What the fuck are you doing, slut? Is that how you work a pole fat dumb bitch?" He shouts, fuming in anger. I cringe, trying my best not to cry like a fucking wimp.

He's a perfectionist, so everything has to be perfect.

I loathe him. He's no uncle of mine. He's nothing to me. No one deserves to be treated this way. I'm someone too! I have feelings!

"I'm sorry. I'll try it once more." I finally spoke, my voice cracking. I swallow with difficulty a lump that has formed in my throat. I'm desperately trying to hold back my tears. I can't do this anymore.

Taking a very deep breath, I went back to the pole. I got a good grip, despite my shaky hands. I started the routine. After messing up multiple times, my knees finally gave out and I fell at an odd angle. Thankfully, I wasn't wearing heels.

I got up quickly, about to go back to the pole, and he said, "Don't!"

"I'm sorry." I apologize, chewing on my bottom lip.

My body throbs. My limbs hurt so badly, and so does my head. Despite all of this, I have to work. It's not optional, it's compulsory for me. It's called "Growing as Avyanna Preston." Just as he entitles it, he's thinking about starting my very own reality series. He's shaping me into someone I don't want to become.

"You better not be this lame tonight."

I'm ranked the hottest, most booked, and best stripper by his regular male customers from the club. Because of this, I have to be in the strip club every night entertaining them. Ugh, men, I hate them! I make double what others make, and I'm also the most hated by all his lady workers. None of them is bold enough to approach me, so they give me nasty looks and whispers.

"Fucking lazy bitch! You better lay off the chocolate; you're starting to look like a pig, you lousy cow," he cursed.

I work my ass off 24/7, and despite all of that, he calls me lazy. I do all the household work because I'm the housemaid. That's what he tells me. His harsh words don't hurt me anymore.

"Why the hell are you standing here? Go warm up for kickboxing and you better not be sluggish."

I walked out of the room.

Negativity isn't good for the soul, I remind myself.

After an intense day of name-calling and slaps after slaps, I finally have a few hours to sleep before heading to Elite Seduction, his strip club. I tiredly laid my sore body on my bed with a wince, closing my eyes. I'm in the gym three times per week and I have daily activities I have to get done which are pole dancing, Kegel, Pilates, and Yoga, and I also swim every other day.