Bonus chapter [2]

Vote and comment :) don't be a silent reader! Almost 2k votes guys!!
-

~Nobody's POV

Natsu and Zeref were in the car, the older one driving while the other one was on his phone.

It was a rainy night.

Their mother, Grandeeney, contacted them, saying she wants another chance. She wasted her years in hiding and now she was ready to do the things she should have done.

Zeref and Wendy's reaction when Natsu told them she's still alive is exactly what he expected. Zeref didn't know what he felt back then. Anger, happiness, betrayal, fury, confusion.. it was too much to think. Wendy was happy, wanting to meet her mother. Needless to say Wendy didn't know about the dark time and forgave her. Natsu and Zeref were still feeling bitter about her though.

Natsu was in the 11th grade and Zeref in college when she 'died'.

And the brothers remembered how hard it was to deal with it.

Natsu was a mess, closing himself off from the world, letting nobody see how he felt. His friends didn't hang out with him anymore, betraying him in the time he needs it. His grades dropped till the point he almost didn't pass that year. He struggled with concentrating and his temper always got the best of him.

Zeref had put on a façade, letting nobody see what was wrong. His grades dropped slightly, but not to the point where people would notice. At home he wouldn't talk for days and eat less. And he had those moments where he just couldn't pretend, breaking down crying.

Wendy was crying about wanting to see them, but she was too young to understand what was happening. She was too innocent then.

At the time Makarov was still alive, coming by every day to check on them. Wendy was taken care of by the family. And the brothers... the brothers trained harder than ever. They wanted distractions in every possible way. They spend most of their free time in the gym by the basement, learning combat, shooting, strategy in a short amount of time. Everyone thought it would be the best for them to go to therapy, losing one parent is hard enough, but losing both is just the worst. They refused.

"You don't know what's going through us now. Don't think you know better. This is our way of coping."

"What is she doing there?" Zeref said, stopping the car abruptly. Natsu looked at the direction. He gritted his teeth when he saw what he saw. In the dark alley they could see a figure fighting 4 people.

They knew it was their mother by the way she was holding herself and her blue hair. She was being held by one guy and the other guys were ready to advance towards her. Why though, they don't know. She still stayed on the streets, even after her kids offered a place to stay. She said it makes her humble and understand the pain people go through more.

Natsu didn't waste a single second and got out of the car. He was seething wth anger as he saw a guy grabbing her hair forcefully. Despite everything, she was still the mother who raised him. Zeref followed as he watched his brother. "Get your fucking hands off her!" Natsu shouted and walked to them.

They looked at their dark shadows as he approached.

"This is none of your business. Get out of here, little shit," one guy said.

Zeref advances forward and immediately punched the one holding Grandeeney. The force was enough to send him straight against the wall. Enough to knock him out. Natsu followed his lead and twisted two guys' necks, almost snapping them.

Zeref and Natsu stood beside each other, watching the last standing guy with menace. "Who do you think you are? You have no right to lay your hands on a woman," Natsu spat. He was feeling the most intensive anger out of the two of them.