31. Turn of events

Start from the beginning

I looked back at Swayam and turned completely facing him, folding my hands across my chest, to come out as confident enough. He raised his hands in surrender and shrugged.

"But say me only one thing, why don't you join the crew? You are truly amazing" he said further and I started to feel irritated by his questions now.

"As I said earlier mister! That. I. Don't. Know. Real. Dance!" I replied calmly and he looked into my eyes directly. His eyes held something unreadable, as if he wanted to say something but he can't. My eyes softened a bit, seeing the hidden moisture in his eyes and he blinked his eyes quickly, averting his gaze.

"You do the real dance. From what I have known... Sorry seen today, is no joke. Many can't do even that, that too without any training. You are a dancer and you are dancing in front of everyone today" he said after sometime, in a bit stern voice, as if ordering me and I sighed in frustration.

"Why are you even so bothered about what I do!? I am not going to dance in front of anyone and you are no one to say me what to do!" I replied irritated and he smiled a clipped smile at me.

"Yes, you are" he said taking a step towards me.

"No, I am not!" I said, standing straight.

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No"

"Yes" I said and I immediately bit my tongue! Shit! He tricked you Pia! You must have seen it coming!

"There you go! You said yes and now you will" he said, grinning from ear to ear on his victory and I scrunched up my nose.

"This is not fair! You tricked me!" I accused him and he just laughed it off.

"Mr. Shekhawat, whosoever you are, get this clear that I am not going to do anything as you wish!" I said pointing my finger at him and warning him sternly. He seemed to be taken aback and his smile immediately dropped. His expressions changed from jolly to sad and he looked down.

"Okay fine... Do what you want... I thought you were today's woman who doesn't fear for anything. I thought you will show  your talents to others, but I was so wrong..." He said in a low tone, sounding dejected.

"Now where did these things come from?" I asked frowning.

"Nothing... I said it's fine... You can do what you want to, I won't say anything" he replied sadly, turning his back to leave. My heart pained seeing him sad. As he was about to step away, I held his arm. Damn Pia! Stop giving into your feelings! You need to have control over yourself.

"Okay. I will dance infront of others" I said and he immediately turned in a blink, not believing what I said.

I smirked as an Idea flashed in my mind. Wow Pia! Why didn't you think of this earlier? He will neither be sad for this, nor he can force you. It's a win win situation.

"But...?" He asked raising his eyebrows and my eyes widened. Did he read my mind or did I say it out loud!? I quickly made a poker face and looked straight into his eyes.

"But I have a condition Swayam! I challenge you to dance in front of others too, then I will join you" I said and he looked in thought for sometime. Bravo! He can't dance, I know that! I have never seen him doing that, so I won! Yay! Yay! I was doing a mental victory dance until I saw him smirk.

"Challenge accepted!" He said smirking all the time and to say I was shocked would be an understatement! My mouth hung open and I realised it only when Swayam closed it with the tip of his finger.