Chapter 6: Back in Nashville

Caroline's POV:

So Luke called me and I guess we are adopting the little girl Michaela. I'm honestly so happy about this. I can't wait to meet her. Luke sent me a picture of him with her and the boy Matthew and she's the cutest thing ever. I'm sure the boys would like having a big sister. I'm sure she'll fit in good here. I'll have to have a little talk with the boys but I'm sure they'll like the idea. I called Luke to tell him to come home because I'm pretty sure Bo has the flu and he doesn't feel well at all. My little man hasn't done anything the past few days and all he does when he's awake is ask when Luke will be home. I think I'm gonna call Luke just to make sure he's coming home. Just as I took my phone out Bo yelled for me.
I ran upstairs and went into Bo's room. "What's wrong baby?" I asked. "Momma my tummy hurts." He cried. "Aww baby come here." I got on the bed with him and rubbed his back. "Do you want some of that soup you and daddy like to share?" I asked. He shyly nodded. "Okay baby. I'm gonna call daddy and make you soup. I'll be back in a little bit to check on you." I kissed his forehead and left to go back downstairs. I went into the kitchen and got my phone out once again to call Luke.
I picked up the phone and clicked his name in my contacts then waited for the phone to ring.

Phone Convo:
L-Luke C-Caroline

L-hey baby doll.

C-hey

L-everything okay?

C-no, when are you gonna be home. You said you would be like two days ago and you're not.

L-I know. I'm a jerk for that. You're pissed at me aren't you?

C-more than pissed considering you're still not here and because Bo is still sick. How do you think I feel when Bo asks when you're gonna be home and I don't know how to answer that.

L-what's wrong with him?

C-pretty sure he has the flu or something.

L-I'll be home tonight, tomorrow at the latest.

C-you better be or you won't be staying in the house after tomorrow if you ain't home yet.

L-Caroline I swear I'll try to be home by tonight....can I talk to Bobo? Please?

C-Later. I gotta make him some soup and then I'll call you when I bring it up to him.

L-alright. I love you.

C-love you, bye.

I really wanted to say something more but I'm mad that Luke can't get home when I need him, especially when our son is this sick and asking for him all day. I went into the kitchen and made Bo his soup. When it was done I grabbed a little spoon from the drawer and poured the soup into a small bowl and brought it up to his room. When I walked in, he was asleep. I put the soup on his night table and sat on the bed and shook him a little bit. "Bobo. Wake up sweetie." He stirred a little and turned over. "Bo wake up, I got you soup baby." I whispered. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked at me. "Momma soup." He said. I laughed as I helped him sit up and held him on my lap while he ate.

After Bo finished his soup, I set the bowl back down and tucked him in again. "Bobo do you wanna call daddy?" I asked him. "Yeah daddy." He smiled weakly. I got my phone out again. I tapped Luke's contact and let it ring on speaker.

Phone convo:
L-Luke C-Caroline B-Bobo

L-hello?

B-daddy!

L-hey buddy. Are you feelin okay?

B-my tummy hurts daddy.

L-I'll be home soon buddy.

B-hurry daddy. Fast.

L-I will bobo. Hey caroline you there?

C-hey luke.

L-what's up baby?

C-bobo just finished his soup.

L-that's good. Hey I'm gonna try to be home tonight with the kids.

C-it's about time.

L-I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you I swear.

C-Fine just hurry up.

L-okay okay. If it's late should I wake you or no?

C-no

L-alright. I'll text you later then

C-bye

I know I'm being hard on him but I'm mad. I wish he would just come home. Now I'm kind of mad he is bringing those kids home because he's leaving us for too long. Not to mention the fact that we have to go to the CMA Awards this week. Ugh this kind of sucks right now.

Luke's POV:

I just got off the phone with Caroline. Man is she pissed at me. I'm starting to think it's because of Matt and Michaela but I hope it's not. Right now we're all on the bus on the way home to Nashville. Matt has become close with BM and Vanilla which I'm happy about since he'll be doing work with them on my tours. He's a good kid. Vanilla talked to Kelly and they agreed that Matt could stay with them for a while if he wants but I know Michaela will be a little nervous about not having him around. I guess I have to talk to Matt about that.

*later that day*

Right now we're on the way home on the bus and Michaela is taking a nap in the back. She's the cutest little girl ever. Matt and I are up front on the couches. "Hey buddy before we get back there's something I need to talk to you about." I told him. "What is it?" He asked. "How would you feel about living with Vanilla and his girlfriend for a while?" I asked. "Why? You don't want me living with you guys?" He looked down. "Oh no that's not it. Actually Mike thought of it? He likes having you around to help him with stuff that's all." I explained. "I guess I can. What about my lil princess in the back though?" He half smiled. "We can test it and if she misses you or gets too upset without you we'll set you up in our house. I just want her to get used to you not always being there because you might be on tour and she'll be home Ya know? It's just a test run. Deal?" I told him. "Yeah, deal." He smiled.