Chapter 3: After the Show

Luke's POV:

After the show was over I met Hunter back stage with Vanilla Mike and Michaela. Hunter was carrying Michaela as she slept with her head on his shoulder. I took a quick picture and posted it on Twitter. I wrote the caption, "Little country princess is exhausted after a fun night with me and Hunter." I posted it on Twitter and immediately I got replies and retweets asking if she was my daughter and just who she was and why I'm with her when I only have my two boys. Then the kid, Matt came up to me.

"Listen, I just wanted to thank you for doing all this for her tonight. You really made it the best day of her life. And I had fun too." He half smiled. "It was fun. I hope you both had a great time. Hey listen bud, if you're too tired to drive home why don't y'all just stay on the bus with me and Hunter?" I suggest. "Yeah sure. Thank you again Luke." "No problem buddy. Now come on let's get yall some clean clothes and then you can tuck her in okay?" I told him. "Sounds good." He nodded. I took Michaela from Hunter and we walked to the buses and Matt walked on first. "Hey buddy just hop in a bunk for the night. Michaela can sleep in a bunk too or she can sleep on my bed with me since it's pretty big." I explained. "Whatever you're good with." He agreed. "Alright I'll tuck her in. Sleep tight." I gave him a quick side hug and he crawled into a bunk.

I went to the back and looked at Michaela as she slept. She looked so cute. I laid her on the bed and took off her shoes but left the rest of her clothes on. Then I got some sweats and a shirt and changed in the bathroom. I tucked Michaela in on one side and I got in on the other. Just as I was dozing off I felt little arms cover my chest. Aww, I thought.

*next morning*

I woke up the next morning to Michaela squirming around, almost like she was having a bad dream. That's when I heard her scream, "No daddy no! No stop!" I tried to shake her awake. "Michaela! Baby wake up! It's just a dream." She looked at me and she burst into tears. "I want Matt!" She cried. "Alright sugar. Hey where's Matt?!" I hollered. He ran through the door and she lunged for him. He quickly took her and held her as she tried to stop crying. "Shh it's okay." She looks up at him. "Matt where's my sweatshirt, I'm cold." She said. He set her on the bed and went into the front. "Here you go love bug. Nice and warm from the dryer." He kissed her cheek and she wiped her tears and smiled. Matt helped her put it on and then she turned to me.

"Sorry Luke." "It's okay baby, have you had that bad dream before?" I asked. "Yeah and normally Matt comes in when he hears me crying and when he wasn't here that's why I started crying more." She explained. "Well then I can't very well split yall up can I?" I laughed. "No Matt stay!" She exclaimed. "I'm right here little one." She held her arms out and he picked her up again and kissed her cheek. "Matty I'm hungry." She groaned. "Me too. Luke not to bother yall but can we eat breakfast here before we go?" Matt asked. "Where y'all gotta go in such a hurry?" I asked. "Do we have to go back?" She asked. "Yeah, we can't stay here forever." He replied. "Why not?" She cried. "Because Luke has other stuff to do besides take care of us?" He told her which isn't true.

"Now hold on. I never said that." I chimed in. "Y'all are quite sweet but even if I could take y'all I need to talk to my wife. We already have two kids." I explained. "Luke I'm almost 18. Take Michaela. Wait, what if there was like a job that I could have and I could work you?" He asked. I thought for a minute. "That's actually not a bad idea." "Please take her. I'll be okay. I can work for you can't I?" He questioned. "Let me talk to Hunter and Vanilla and see what I can do. But I'm not making any promises." I warned. "Y'all go ask Hunter to make you breakfast and I gotta make a call"

Matt kissed her cheek again and carried her out of the room. I gotta call Caroline right now about this.