Chapter 5: Phone Call

Luke's POV:

"Alright well go to the front and see what the boys attempted to make for breakfast." I told him. He nodded and left the room. Alright time to call her and see what I can do, I though.

I dialed the number and waited for her to anwer.

Phone convo between Luke and ms. Johanna

L-Luke j-Johanna

J: hello?

L: hi Johanna?

J: Yes who's this?

L: my name is Luke. Uh Luke Bryan. Michaela and Matthew came to my concert last night.

J: oh yes, they're not here though.

I laughed.

L: uhh no ma'am they're on my bus with me. See the kids were tired so I suggested they just stay the night with me. I hope that's okay.

J: oh sure as long as they're okay I'm fine with it.

L: oh okay. Umm anyway the real reason I'm calling is, I'd like to adopt little Michaela. I talked to my wife and she's agreed as well. I think she'd be a great fit to my family ma'am.

J: have you told Michaela this?

L: yes ma'am she seems to be happy about this too. As for Matthew, I know he's almost 18 so could I become his legal guardian as well until he turns 18.

J: oh I'm sure that could be arranged. He's had a hard time lately but Michaela is the only one that seems to find the soft spot in his heart. You best keep them close.

L: yes ma'am I intend to. I'm planning on giving Matt a job to work for me so that while he and Michaela on are your with me, I'll pay him some money to save up or spend and things like that.

J: well I think it's a fine idea what you're doin for those two. Michaela is one the sweetest little girls ever. I hope you don't mind me asking but do you have other children?

L: yes ma'am two boys a couple years younger than her.

J: oh that's wonderful. Anyway, to help you with the adoption process, I suggest going to a court house as soon as you get the free time and when you're there tell them that I have my consent.

L: anything else?

J: just treat her right. She deserves a good home and a loving family. They both need that in their lives. Especially Matthew since he's getting older.

L: oh of course. My wife hasn't met them yet but she can't wait. Thank you so much for helping me with this.

J: anytime I hope you guys are all happy together.

L: thank you. I'm gonna find a court house when we get back to Nashville in a few days.

J: good idea. Goodbye mr. Bryan and congratulations.

With that we hung up and I went to the front of the bus to see what everyone else was up to.

"Hey yall what's going on?" I asked.

Michaela's POV:

"Hey y'all what's going on?" Luke asked as he walked to the front. "Lukey we just had breakfast. Who were you talking to?" I asked. "Oh that was ms Johanna baby, she said that its okay y'all stay with me until we make this all official." I explained. "So Luke you're really doing this?" Vanilla asked. "Yep I am!" He confirmed and picked me up. "So y'all get used to my new baby girl being on the bus." He smiled and kissed my cheek. "Love you Luke!" I squealed and put my arms around the back of his neck. "Love ya too sweetheart." He kissed my cheek again. "So did they burn breakfast or was it good?" Luke asked. "We actually made eggs and bacon that turned out quite good if you must know." Hunter laughed proudly. "Any left for me?" Luke asked. "Yeah a little bit." Matt moved out of the way and got another plate. "Here you go Luke." He handed it to him. "Thanks buddy." "Hey kids were gonna be back in Nashville after these last two shows. Then you get to meet you're new brothers and my wife, Caroline." I told them. They both smiled and nodded. I can't wait for them to meet caroline and the boys. Then we'll be an even bigger, better family.