Chapter 2: Meeting Luke

Luke's POV:

So Hunter informed me that he gave two meet n greet passes to this young girl and her friend and that I should look for her. He told me what she looked like, what she was wearing and that her name is Michaela. I was taking meet n greet pictures and I saw a teenage guy talking a girl and I think it's Michaela. The boy she was talking to came up before her and shook my hand, sweet kid. He walked and stood to the side then I saw Hunter next to him. I guess I was right. I turned to Hunter and he nodded.

She walked up to me and I smiled. "Well hey baby, how you doin?" I asked. "Hi Luke! Uhh I'm great now." She smiled. "You look very pretty, a little country cutie ain't that right Hunter." I laughed. "Can I hug you for our picture?" She asked real innocently. "Sure baby come here." I kneeled down, opened my arms and hers were wrapped around my neck. We smiled for vanilla to take the picture then she asked me to sign a picture for me. I signed it then said, "Bye baby doll see you later." I waved and she waved back and smiled. I finished doing meet n greets then got ready for the show. About a half hour before I went on, I called my wife, Caroline who's at home with our boys, Bo and Tate.

Phone Convo:

L-Luke C-Caroline

C-hello?

L-hey baby how you doin?

C-I'm alright but I think Bo's getting sick. Is there anyway you can come home like tomorrow or at least soon?

L-yeah I'll do my best to get home in the next few days.

C-okay good. Anything interesting happening or no?

L-yeah.

C-well what?

L-It's nothing big or anything but I just met a really sweet little girl at my meet n greet tonight.

C-aww how old is she?

L-she wasn't more than like 8 or 9. I got the feeling that she was like was either not in a good family or doesn't have much of a family, ya know?

C-well if you find her in the crowd later why don't you tell Hunter to keep her there after so y'all can talk and then maybe you can get to know her.

L-why do you get to be the smart one?

C-because I'm the pretty one

L-oh I can't argue there love.

C-I gotta get the boys in bed but I'll call you later if I'm still awake. If I'm not I'll just say goodbye now.

L-night baby I love you give the boys a kiss for me

C-I will I love you too. Bye

After that we both hung up and I continued to get ready for the show. Finally it was time to go out and perform so I got hooked up and changed into the shirt I'm gonna wear while I perform. I grabbed my E3 hat and made my way to the stage. I asked Hunter if he knew where that girl Michaela and her brother, or whoever that other kid is had their seats but he didn't know. Oh well guess it's time to start the show. I went under the stage and hopped up on the truck.

The music started and the truck started rising. "How ya doin Ohio?!" I said through the mic." I started singing and then took a minute after That's My Kinda Night was over to thank everyone for coming.

That's when I finally saw her, Michaela. I laughed when she saw me and waved. Then I said through the mic, "Hunter you idiot you know better than to lie to me like that." He laughed and shook his head. I decided to tell the crowd what was going on. "So you see y'all my buddy Hunter over there in the front, the merch commander, told me about this adorable little girl he ran into before the show this afternoon who he then gave two passes to my meet n' greet." I explained. Everyone awed. "So anyway, I get to the meet n greet and he's like 'hey luke watch for this young girl that's gonna be here. She adores you and she might be crying.' So low and behold I finally met the little cutie. She's one of the sweetest little girls I've ever met and I would like to ask her to come on the stage now." I smiled.

Michaela started jumping up and down which made me laugh. "Come here baby." I motioned for her to come up. Her brother or whoever he is stayed behind with Hunter. "Hi Lukey!" She smiled. "Hi baby. Are you having fun?" I asked her. She nodded. "That's good. Hey do you wanna come hang out afterwards on my bus?" I asked. She ran over to the boy and dragged him on stage. She motioned for me to kneel down and I did. "Can Matt come too?" She asked innocently. "Sure sweetie of course he can." I answered. She smiled and wrapped her little arms around my neck. "It might be passed your bed time but I'll let it slide tonight." The crowd laughed. I walked them back to Hunter and continued the show.