Chapter 20: Kick the Dust Up

Michaela's POV
Daddy has started his new tour called Kick the Dust Up and it's a big hit. The set list is similar to last year but he opens with this song instead of That's My Kinda Night now. I learned all the words to Kick the Dust Up in less than a week too. We're about to end school soon and that means I can go on tour with him during the summer. I'm so excited to go on tour with him again. It's so much fun being on the road with him and the band all the time.

*memorial day*

Since daddy has a show on Memorial Day we're going down to the beach with Til, Jordan and Kris and mama LeClaire. It's gonna be so much fun. Right now we're all down in Florida with her and having a blast! The girls and I have been getting along pretty well which is good and it's been really fun spending time with them. Til has been a big help with the boys and making sure they don't get into any trouble. He's practically their big brother now. We do fight from time to time but it's not as bad as when I first moved in with them. I texted momma before and she give they're love to everyone since she's with daddy at his show today. We got out of school in a few days and I'm so happy. I don't like going to school 5 days a week it's too much in my opinion.

*a week or two later*

Now that we're all out of school were spending two weeks with dad on tour and going with him to his first stadium show of the year in Denver Colorado. The home of the Denver Bronco's football team! It's so much fun being out on the road with him and his band is so nice. They are so much fun on the road, there's never a dull moment let me tell you. After the Denver show there's a few and then we head to back home for the CMT awards. Mom and dad are taking Jordan and Kris with them so Til and I have to babysit the boys, which I don't mind actually because I don't like getting dressed up too often.

There's been mixed reviews of Kick the Dust Up but so far most people seem to like it. It's a fun song to run to as well. The CMT awards are next week and I can tell mom and dad are really excited to go and spend some time alone together. As I speak were heading to the Bronco's stadium so daddy's crew can set up for the show tonight. Mom said that we have to behave and that we can't talk to dad during sound check which I understand. She said that we can watch his sound check but after that we have to watch the boys the rest of the night pretty much. They are a handful but there's also never a dull moment. Til and Bo were throwing a baseball around with Tate when he came over to where I was sitting in a chair. "Hi Taterbug." I smiled.

"Sissy can I sit with you?" He asked innocently.

"You don't wanna play ball with Bo and Til?" I asked.

He shook his head no and climbed into my lap as I sat in the chair.

"I wanna stay with you." he told me.

I nodded and smiled at him as I held him close. He leaned his head back on my shoulder and I kissed the top of his head. Tate and I sat down in the chair for a while until mom came back and told us to get ready for the show. I changed into something a little more presentable and the boys just changed into clean clothes. It didn't really matter what they were wearing. Mom put Bo and Tate's headphones over their ears because their too little to handle such loud noise the whole night. Tate sat on her lap while Bo sat with me and Til. Dustin Lynch opened and then the rest of them performed. Finally it was time for dad to come on. The lights were dimmed and everyone was screaming it's awesome.

Luke's POV
Tonight is my show at Mile High Stadium and I'm a little nervous about the show because the elevation of Colorado is much higher than I'm used to. Kerri even had an ambulance and oxygen on stand by because if things get worse I could pass out and I almost did a few times today. I'm really nervous that my show won't be as good because I'm not feeling the best but I gotta do this for my fans. The show was about to start so I changed my shirt real quick for probably the 4th time today and got hooked up to all my sound stuff. I got on the platform and the music started playing. The whole stadium was full of a lot of energy and fans were going crazy.

"What's up Denver!" I yelled.

The crowd went wild. I was going through my set and I got started to get light headed during Play It Again. I tried to play it off but it continued to get worse. I was almost done with my set when I started to feel numb and then things went black.

Michaela's POV
We were watching dad's show and all of a sudden towards the end of his set he fell and didn't get back up. Mom, Vanilla and I ran out to help him. He was in and out and finally we got him off the stage and back to where Kerri had the ambulance waiting. They laid him on the stretcher and gave him oxygen. He started coming around and opened his eyes fully. "Daddy?" I asked as he got more lucid.

"What happened?" He groaned as looked around.

He tried to sit up but mom and I pushed his shoulders back. "No lay down," She ordered. "Luke you blacked out."

He eyes got wide and sighed throwing his head back.

"Dammit." He cussed.

"I don't think you need to get out there again. We'll make an announcement that the concert is done." Kerri told him.

"No, no way! This is the first stadium show of the year! I can't end it early!" He exclaimed.

Mom and I looked at each other and then she exchanged glances with Vanilla and Kerri. Then Kerri started to talk. "Okay here's what we'll do. Luke if you feel well enough to finish the show then I'll stand by that. Vanilla you better watch him like a hawk and if you see the slightest bit of faitgue from him you pull his ass off stage even if you gotta fight him to do it." She told all of us.

"Vanilla doesn't have to be the only one watching out for me." Luke smiled.

"What do you mean?" Kerri asked.

Dad looked at me and smiled. "What?" I asked.

"Come on stage with me." He said to me.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah why not? Come on please sweetheart? For me?" He poked out his bottom lip and we all laughed. "The next song on my set list is I Don't Want This Night to End and I know you love that song. Come out and sing it with me." He tugged at my arm.

"Are you crazy? I've never sang in front of crowds especially not 50,000 people packed into a football stadium." I added.

"Come on baby girl please? Please do it for me? I know it's your favorite song." He begged.

"Ugh fine you win." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Yes victory is mine!" He cheered.

Vanilla got me a mic and we made our way to the stage.

When dad and I made our way back on the stage everyone cheered and yelled asking if he was okay. Finally he held the mic up and said something. "So y'all, I'm sorry about before, I promise it won't happen again, at least I hope not. But to help me out I have a very special guest. Y'all show my daughter Michaela some love." He smiled.

The crowded cheered and I waved to people all over the crowd. Everyone cheered more and more and then the music began to play. My dad would sing parts and then wait for me to continue with it.

Dad seemed to be doing pretty well and when it was time for the encore part he seemed to be back to 100% okay. I decided to go back to the side of the stage with mom and the boys while Vanilla was near dad. He sang That's My Kinda Night and then Country Girl.

This night was turning out to be one of the best ever.