0 8

chapter eight: every little thing, is gonna be alright

  A WEEK IN, Melanie was a week in, and felt like she was going insane. Pneumonia wasn't the worse thing that had happened to her but it was definitely in Mel's top ten. Her body was in a constant shake, her brain felt like mush and everything she ate almost always came up.

She was glad that some people came to see her, keeping her company and distracting her from the pain. Ethan came almost everyday after school to cheer her up. Lexi came with Cassie and brought her some homemade soup and even Kat came to check up on her once to make sure she was good. Those visits made her a little sane but not all...

What really made her crazy was when Rue came. As much as she cared and loved Rue, she was starting to grind her gears and what was worse was that Rue came after school everyday to bring Mel all the work she was missing and would almost bring up the topic of Fez and that rainy day.

"So do you feel like talking about it now? Rue would ask her at least five times she was there and Melanie was sick of it. She was sick of the sickness, she was sick of Rue as of right now, and she was sick of this topic.

Mel felt like she was was going to blow. Tick, tick, tick, she was like a bomb. Rue watched as Melanie laid in bed, watching TV. She bit her lip and decided to start a conversant.

"You know, you can tell me anything-"

Melanie slowly looked over to Rue. "Rue, you're annoying the fuck out of me." Rue knew that Mel didn't mean it, she was just sick and tired but she decided to push her further today. She needed to know what was going on. "Melanie, just tell me-"

"Oh my god! Rue!" Melanie turned of the TV and gathered enough strength to sit up from her bed and have this conversation. Mel glared at her god-sister, "You wanna know what's been going on? Huh Rue?"

Rue didn't say anything and Melanie let it out. "Fez admitted to me that he liked me!" Rue face was excited at first. "Me! And you know what I did? I walked away from him! Because he gives drugs to you!" After finishing Melanie laid back down in exhaustion. She coughed and spit of the phlegm in a bucket next to her since she couldn't get up by herself. Rue's excited face then turned sour.

"That doesn't even make any sense, why did you do that to him? Don't you like him?" Rue asked, her brows furrowed. She saw the way that Fez would look at Mel, like she was the best thing in the world. It was the same way she would look at Jules. It was obvious that Melanie liked Fezco. "Because Rue. He's not only a drug dealer, he's your drug dealer."

"So?" Rue asked, not getting the full picture. Melanie looked at Rue and sighed. All of Rue's questions made her blood boil. "So? What do you mean, so? I'm not going to be with someone who gives you drugs, Rue!" Melanie felt herself get lightheaded and took a deep breath. Breathing in and out as Rue tried to think about this situation.