0 3

chapter three: stuntin' like my daddy

2 DAYS LATER school came around sooner than later. The nervousness that came over Melanie could only be described like a tidal wave. Slow at first but when you get closer its fast and comes in at full force. Rue had made friends with Jules, the sailor moon character that Fez had been talking about. Mel had the pleasure of meeting her when she picked her up from her house the morning of the first day.

"Thank you for picking me up today," Jules said with a smile. Melanie thought she was cute and she seemed really sweet. She noticed that Jules was a bit different, which wasn't a bad thing at all, Melanie felt like it was rude to wanna ask what she wanted to ask so she didn't and just smiled at her through the rear view mirror of her car, "Of course love."

"You nervous Mel?" Rue asked. "Nah," Melanie lied, making to sure to look ahead as she was driving.

"You sure?" Rue asked, sounding a bit concerned. "I'm positive."

"Mel, you're a liar. Your leg is shaking like crazy. Are you sur-"

"Rue, I'm fine," Melanie cut her god-sister off and pulled into the school, parking in the first spot she'd seen. The curly haired girl took off her seat belt fast and exited the car. When Rue and Jules came out and closed the doors behind them she locked her car and walked toward the school.

Melanie went through the halls, seeing familiar faces like Lexi and Cassie who waved at her. She waved back and walked towards the main office. The office was all white with dark wood furniture. In a way, it reminded her of a hospital. Mel walked up to the lady at the front desk. "Hi, I'm wondering who can I get my schedule from?"

"That would be from me," the older lady smiled. "What is your name?"

"Melanie Costner." The lady went over to a file cabinet and pulled it out and went to the "C" letter and pulled out a paper. She came back to the desk and out the paper. "Here it is. These are all your classes. You seem like a very lucky lady. You have only 6 classes so you get out of school earlier and all you have are A.P's and electives. Have a good day, Ms. Costner."

"You too ma'am," Melanie took the paper and exiting the the office and heading to her first A.P class. Melanie hated how much of a go-getter she was. Only someone crazy would register for all A.P classes.

✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞

Lunch came faster than expected which Mel was glad for. She was already starting to get a headache from all the work that was already given to her. "6 A.P classes?" Jules gasped. "You're fucking crazy."