Chapter 20 - The end

We'd almost made it to the front of  the queue when one of the boys 'tripped' and grabbed my ass. Rem turned around and confronted them but they just laughed and called me some more horrible things. Before I could do anything, he punched one of them in the face which started a nasty fight.

I kept trying to pull him away but I was too weak, so some men had to separate all of them and we were all
kicked out the beach bar. I stormed back to Sebastian and Emerson and told them what happened before packing up all our things.

"So no fish and chips?" Emerson asked, sounding distraught.

Sebastian glared at him and had sobered up enough to help me tidy up. Emerson went to get Remington some ice and tissue to clean his wounds but Remington pushed him off.

"Elodie please don't let this spoil our day," Remington said, but I couldn't even look at him.

I drove home in silence and Sebastian sat up front with me. Him and Emerson sneakily decided to go out so Remington and I could talk alone.

"Babe, please talk to me," he pleaded.

"Sit down."

I grabbed his shoulders and pushed him into one of the kitchen barstools. He was still waiting quietly when I returned with the first aid kit. I cleaned his wounds in silence and ignored his ramblings and when he grabbed my thigh in pain from the antiseptic.

"I'm sorry Elodie, I shouldn't have punched them - but you heard what they were saying about you. I can't let anyone talk like that about my girl."

I sighed and put my hands around his neck.

"I just hate seeing you hurt."

He pulled me onto his lap and cupped my face in his hand that wasn't bruised from punching.
"I'm sorry, baby. Do you forgive me?"

I nodded and kissed him softly, careful not to hurt his injured face anymore. His hands moved to my bum and I was about to stop him before he could injure himself but Sebastian and Emerson walked in.

"I take it you two have made up," Emerson grinned.

I climbed off Remington and got him an ice pack before we all decided to watch The Inbetweeners. We'd seen every episode at least a billion times but it was still our favourite programme. We laughed so much and I thought about how good this summer had been already.

We recorded another album, had gigs every week and even had a tour booked for a week to play in small towns. Our streaming numbers were off the chart and we were making a living from all the money we earned from our music.

So much money that when Remington suggested him and I moved in together, it didn't just sound like a crazy idea. Sure enough, we saved up and bought a flat right before the school year started again. I'd left now and Remington had the year before, so we could see each other every day and spend every night in each other's arms. Emerson and Sebastian still stayed next to my mum and brother so it made it easy when we wanted to visit.

I got a job in a café and Remington still worked in a tattoo parlour. He even encouraged me to get a tattoo so I chose a music note on my ribcage - he wanted to do it himself but I wanted to hold his hand through the pain and I wouldn't be able to if he was tattooing me. He let his most trusted colleague do it instead and held my hand although the pain wasn't too bad to be fair.

I had a day job and a hobby that paid the bills, a flat to call my own, a loving boyfriend by my side every day and the best friends and family I could ask for.

Life was good.

D