Chapter 15 - May

Chapter 15 - May

I dragged her with me to find Remington and Emerson so it wouldn't seem rude leaving.

"I'm sorry but May's gonna sleep over and we should probably head home. Will you be alright here?" I asked Remington, worried he'd be lonely as Emerson was the only person he knew here aside from me.

"Of course babe, get home safely and text me when you're in, yeah?" I kissed him and he squeezed my hand before I left. He made me so happy honestly. I hugged Emerson and a couple of other friends before leaving with May. We got a taxi back to my house and my mum didn't mind at all, she had a soft spot for May because we'd known each other for so long.

I had a double bed and we were too tired to get the spare mattress from the loft so just decided to share. Mum and Ryan were asleep when we got in so we tried to be quiet.

"Elodie! The bruises - are you okay?" May slurred as I took off my dress to get changed into my pyjamas.

I was confused and thought she was just drunk rambling but blushed as I looked down and saw the faint yellowing marks on my hips and waist.

"Yes! No they're - um...from Remington," I mumbled, hoping she'd get the message and I wouldn't have to embarrass myself further. Unfortunately- she didn't.

"Oh my god! Is he hurting you?"

"No! Well not in a bad way..."

May seemed to finally realise and gave me a massive grin before winking at me.

"Never took you two to be that kind of couple," she laughed.

I shushed her and we got into bed.
"So Remington's a-"

"Shut up!" I teased, throwing a pillow at her head.

She had to get home the next day so I decided to see the boys.

"Elodie guess what! We've got another gig! It's quite far away though so we need to travel and stay in a hotel for a few days. It's for a wedding!" Emerson squealed excitedly.

I grinned at looked at the others' smiling faces.
"No way! Are you serious? Wait they wanna play punk rock at their wedding?"

"Yeah they saw us play in the pub last week and loved us so want us to play at their wedding. They're  gonna pay a lot too," Sebastian told me.

"When do we leave?" I asked Remington.

"Tomorrow afternoon. Do you want me to come round and help you pack?"

"Yes please, if you've packed your stuff already."

It turned out Remington was in a playful mood which was great but he was distracting me from packing. He was also very flirty which got me excited because we'd have some time alone the next few nights.

Somehow he found my underwear drawer and held up a pair in my face, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Rem! Put them down. I'm trying to pack."

He winked and threw them in the case, climbing over it to kiss me. An hour later we resumed packing because we'd got a bit...sidetracked.

Finally we were all packed and he slept over again because he was all ready for tomorrow and didn't want to be in the midst of Sebastian's last minute stressing.

Sebastian got in the front and I was wedged in the back between Emerson and Remington - they were skinny but their long legs took up so much room. We chatted amongst ourselves for a while, then spoke to the driver but I was getting tired.

I woke up when we went over a speed bump and my head crashed against Remington's shoulder which it had been leaning on.
"Tired, love?" he teased.

"You're lucky I don't snore."

"Oh you do, trust me," Emerson laughed.

I leaned over to flick him and Remington had to keep us apart because it turned into a flicking war.