Chapter 14 - The party

Chapter 14 - The Party

I was in my room doing some homework when my phone buzzed. I saw a text from a guy named Edison who I didn't really know but was in some of my classes.

Hey, I'm having a party tonight if you wanna come, you can bring someone if you want x

He text me the details and I was so excited. I hadn't been to a lot of parties and asked May if she'd been invited as well so I wouldn't have to use her as my plus one. I really wanted to take Remington so I hope she'd been invited. Luckily she had so I called Rem.

It took a while to convince him because he wouldn't know anyone there.

"Pleaseeeee babeeee, for me?" I whined down the phone.

"Fine, only cause I get to see you in a dress."

"Who says I'm wearing a dress?" I teased.

"You'll look beautiful in whatever you wear."

My heart!

He said he'd pick me up at 7 so I called May so she could come over and help me get ready.

"So what are you thinking of wearing?" she asked, rummaging through my closet of mismatched fashion.

"I don't know, maybe a dress?"

Two hours later, I was in a black body-con dress, my hair was curled and my makeup was subtle but smoky. May had on fancy trousers and a crop top and I'd braided her long hair.

Remington knocked on the door in a button up black shirt and black skinny jeans - he'd told me earlier he didn't want to look too extreme in front of people he didn't know. He always looked great and even pulled off this look. His tattoos and spiky hair still brought attention but he didn't seem to mind.

"You look gorgeous, love," he whispered, pulling me close and kissing my neck so not to muck up my makeup.

"Awh! Hi Remington, I'm May. Great to meet you," May introduced.

"Lovely to meet you, May," Rem smiled at her.

It was the first time my best friend and boyfriend had met so I was glad they got along.
Emerson walked in too and nodded at us, I was surprised to find out Emerson was good friends with the guy whose party it was, because he  was in the year below at school, but apparently Emerson had tutored him in English and they'd become close.

We all drove to the party together and it was in full swing as we arrived.
Emerson left to find his friends and May wanted to get a drink, so I had a chance to gradually introduce Remington to my other friends.

He seemed to fit in well with them which I was glad of, and when the two of us went to get drinks, I told him how happy he made me.

"I don't know how I'm going to keep my hands off you tonight," he whispered lowly in my ear.

"Then don't," I winked at him.

"Ooh baby don't tease."
He grabbed my hips and pulled me in for a kiss.

We danced for a bit and we were in a mood where we both wanted to leave and go home together. Unfortunately, Rem was the designated driver and had to drive Emerson home, who was already pretty wasted on gin.

"That's Sebastian's drink of choice,"  he'd told me.

I went to get a drink from the kitchen when I saw May. She had drank a lot and was currently sitting on the kitchen counter crying her eyes out about an argument she'd had with her boyfriend. She didn't want to go back to his house and her parents lived too far away to get a taxi and she was too drunk to drive.

"Wanna sleep over?" I offered.

"Are you serious! Omg I love you so much! Thank you thank you thank you!" May squealed and jumped off the counter to hug me.