The Outbreak & The Assurance

Everything was set for the Rathores and Singhs.
The beautiful lake and the tents were all set....now was the time to have lunch. Mrs. Singh asked Akira to call everyone to join together. Akira protested a little but gave in when her mother glared.
She went to call Smriti and Rohit.
Then she met with the kids who were busy making sand castle. However, she couldn't find Vikram anywhere. She walked away from the tent area and there was a small wooden arch shaped bridge and there she found him, standing alone watching the swans floating on the water of the lake. She walked slowly and stood behind him maintaining a safe distance and cleared her throat.

Vikram without turning sender her and said - Aren't they gorgeous?

She said - indeed, they are!

He said - You know, apart from being beautiful...these swans are known for their undying love. If one separates from its mate...they die....it's just....they can not survive each other unlike we humans....strange..... isn't it....

Humn..? - said she

Vikram just realised what he was speaking....so he sighed and said -
Sorry, I....got carried away....just...forget what I said....!

Akira said - Umm...yeah...I....came to invite you to join us for lunch....I mean everyone.

Vikram nodded and they left to the tents where lunch is served.

Kids are enjoying the white sauce pasta and Akira also made them eat some green vegetables.

Vikram said - Wow Smriti! This Palak Paneer is heaven! I think I need to give our cooks an appraisal.

Smriti smirked and said - Bhai, you should praise Akira then. Coz she is the one who made it.

Vikram looked at Akira who just fidgeted with her fingers and avoided looking towards him.

Well thank you miss Singh...it's really tasty. - he said finally

After the lunch they all were sitting together and chatting.
Kids took Akira with them to swing and sat together on one swing. It was difficult for Akira to swing on her own with the kids. Looking at that an idea clicked Smriti and she loudly said - Rohit Bhai, why don't you go and help Akira over there...I think she needs help with swing and you could also have a few words with her....you know....

Rohit started to walk towards her but Vikram just glared at him and pushed him and himself went leaving a chuckling Rohit.

He went to the swing and said - Hey kids! Need help?

Akira replied - Ah! Thanks mr. Rathore....I will...just get down....so you can push....

He quickly stopped her and said - When did I say that! Just be there with kids, I got this! I am not so weak!

Both their kids cheered !!!!!

He pushed the swing making all three giggle. Akira also became carefree after some time and enjoyed.

Both Mr and Mrs Singh were watching the four of them and how they wished all this could turn into some reality. Afterall, their daughter looked carefree after so many years.
Smriti just nodded at them as if reading their minds. Even she wanted nothing more than this for her brother and niece.

Later they all left for their respective tents.

In the evening a boating tour was arranged by Rohit. Both the kids went to the boat that Vikram was taking and it made easy for Smriti to send Akira to that boat as the kids need attention whike Vikram is busy rowing the boat.
Akira had no choice but to reach out to kids. Seeing her struggling to hop on the boat he gives out his hand and said - Take my hand, akira. It will be easier.
She eyed his hand in hesitation.