05 | the party

( chapter five )

( chapter five )

" Say it before you run out of time. Say it before it's too late. Say what you're feeling. Waiting is a mistake. "

- anonymous

november 07, 2015

IT WAS A SATURDAY MORNING and Y/N had woken up early in the morning to make her very own chocolate cupcakes.

It was her mom's very own cupcake recipe that was written in the 10-year old notebook. As Y/N and her older sister were growing up without their mother, they have learned to cook and bake but Y/N was more on the baking side, and Aria was more on the cooking side.

As Y/N was pouring in the cupcake batter into the cups, Aria was going down the stairs, her hair still a mess from waking up. She saw what her younger sister was doing and smiled to herself.

"It's early in the morning, Y/N." Aria suddenly blurted out that caused Y/N to startle and almost poured too much in a cup.

Y/N stopped and glared at her sister with her poker face. "Morning."

Arian walked towards the countertop and sat on the high chair. She watched Y/N as she continued to pour the remaining batter. "Take your time, Sis," Aria said that made Y/N chuckle.

Once Y/N was done, she placed the cupcakes inside the oven and closed the door, and set the time. She took off her apron that was around her waist and placed it down the table.

"How're things going on in school?" Aria asked as Y/N sat down beside her.

"Different," Y/N answered and wiped her sweat. "Ever since you graduated, I only got to hang out with Erika."

"You still never change. You have to socialize more with people, you know?" Aria said and Y/N just rolled her eyes at her sister's statement.

"People I meet are mostly not my type of people, except for Erika of course," Y/N said and Aria just laughed. "What?"

"I just miss being schoolmates with you. It's different too when you're going to college already." Aria said and looked out the window that was in their kitchen.

Y/N stayed silent for a while, didn't know what else to talk about until she remembered about Aiden and Aria.

"How are things with A-Aiden?" Y/N asked trying not to make her voice shake. Aria looked at Y/N and smiled.

"Great. There were things I knew about him that he didn't mention when we were just friends. You know he's making a song dedicated to me? I can't believe that guy is so talented." Aria said. Y/N felt a pang on her chest as she was listening to her sister. She loves her sister so much but she just can't help the pain that was still on her chest. It may not be as painful as before but it was still there.