01 | the start

( chapter one )

( chapter one )

Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen. "

- Jenny Han, To All the Boys I've Loved Before

late october of 2015

HIGH SCHOOL was not the life that Y/N imagined it to be.

She always thought high school was going to be the best years of her life rather than studying for upcoming exams and instead of going to parties with a bunch of people whom she would go along with.

But that was the opposite of what she thought.

High school was more demanding than it was when she was in middle school. When it comes to school, projects are piling up making her mind going crazy. When it comes to relationships with people, they wouldn't get along with her.

Especially when her long-time enemy came into the picture.

"You really had the guts to walk past by my locker, Y/L/N." Camille started and crossed her arms as she saw Y/N walking in the hallway. Y/N would just roll her eyes and shrug off what she said.

"It's not just me who walks near your locker, Camille. I hope you put that in mind." Y/N said and gave her a fake smile.

Camille clenched her hands and she wanted to pull Y/N's hair but was stopped when her boyfriend hugged her from behind. Camille's face suddenly softened and gave a smile to him.

"What are you up to, babe?" He asked and let go of Camille and stood beside her.

"I was just telling Y/N how her boots go with her outfit today, babe," Camille said and looked at Y/N who just chuckled at what she said.

"And I think she has the best outfit of the day than you, Camille." Erika showed up and said that to her cousin while chewing on her gum and grinned.

Camille became furious again until her boyfriend placed an arm around her shoulders before anything happens and he spoke.

"We should go before it starts to bell." He said and gave a smile to her and Camille nodded in agreement and gave Y/N and Erika one last glare before walking away. Tom looked back at Y/N for a while and turned back to walk away. Y/N swore she saw this but shrugged it off.

Y/N looked at Erika who was still chewing on her gum and smiled. "You always show up when Camille would talk to me. Such a best friend." Y/N said and that made Erika chuckle. "I can't believe you would say things like that to your cousin."

"She isn't the best cousin, you know. Besides, she fights you so might as well fight her back." Erika said.

Erika was always the one who would stand by Y/N ever since Camille started fighting her. But before Erika, Camille and Y/N were actually best friends until a spin-the-bottle game would ruin it.