Chapter 3 : BAD DREAMS

En başından başla

The boys came near me forming a semicircle.

"Are you all right?" Jake asked. Concern was dripping from his voice. I can't able to believe on my voice so I just nodded.

"I don't think you are fine. You are still shaking" Tracey said in his dark hushed voice. "You are sweating too" Alex pointed. I roamed my hand on my forehead and find some water droplets. Nicholas (Nick) handed me a glass of water. I drank it in one go then handed it to Nick.

These nightmares were common for me. From the last two years, each and every night I got these nightmares. I always woke up screaming. These dreams were always the same like someone is chasing me and I am running from it. This getting up from nightmares with screaming had become a part of my night rituals.

"I-I am f-fine now. S-sorry I disturbed you. You can go now. Thanx". I said with a voice which still reflected a light fear in them. I wanted my medicines. "Are you sure you are fine?" Ryan asked suspeciously. "Y-yeah" I said trying to put a smile. "Guys you should go back to sleep." Neel ordered shoving away the guys. I was grateful for that to Neel. I waited for them to exit the room and close the door so that I can take my medicines. I saw Ryan said something to Neel and he nodded. Neel came back in my room and closed the door behind him. He sat down on my bed beside me. He roamed his  hand on his super cool brown hair and said "wanna talk about it?"

***

Neel's POV:

"Are you sure you are fine?" Ryan asked. "Y-yeah" Kat replied with a smile which failed to hide her fear which surely said she was not fine. "Guys, you should go back to sleep" I said guiding the guys out of her room. They were still not convinced. I nodded at them indicating everything is fine. It was a big surprise to me that they only knew her from this morning and got so much attached to their wild cat.

Yeah, after her abundant building incident, we refer to her as wild cat. The boys talk about the incident and her action especially Jake. They were thrilled. They were more thrilled when they finally met her. The concern for her was visible in everybody's eyes.

"I think you should talk to her bro"Ryan said. I nodded and got in her room closing the door behind. She froze. I felt her curious eyes on me but I ignored it and sat beside her roaming my hand on my hair.
I guess I do it often when I am nervous or frustrated.

"Wanna talk about it?"I asked finally meeting her eyes. She looked at me with her gorgeous big green eyes. "No" she turned her eyes down."I-I mean, I am fine. You should take rest too" she said meeting my eyes with a desperate convincingly smile to not ask about it.

I am a gang leader. I have came across many manipulative persons who are good at lying or who are hiding something. With her I felt something is wrong. She is not like what she pretends. There is much to the story. I can't get my answers by questioning her. She is way much stubborn and this is not the right time to ask her. Ok, I think one question will not harm. "What's your last name?"
"I don't have any"

Ok such straight forward answer. " How old are you?" I asked.

She looked at me blankly."are you interogetting me? I am not your  f*cking prisoner."she snapped. "I am 17 years old. I am tired. I want to sleep. Good night" she said and lied down on her bed, her back was facing me. I remained rooted there replaying what just happened. She turn d toward me "are you going to sleep or just sit there and daydream?" I got up ready to leave the room when she stopped me by holding my hand. I turned to look at her "you know, you can sleep here today" she said in her original composed voice but still her eyes displayed that she is still frightened by her nightmare. I jumped on her bed, slide under the sheet, switch off the light and said "good night".