~6~

[three days later]

Patrick's POV

I wake up to a ruffling of the bed sheets beside me.The pitter patter of the rain echoing in my head.

I groan before turning around,closing my eyes.The sheets start ruffling again.I rub my eyes harshly.

"Henry..." I huff out.
"....yeah?"he says in a hushed tone.
"If you don't stop moving I'll push you out of the fucking bed" you could hear the pissed off tone laced in my voice.
Silence. He doesn't answer.

"Henry?"i say again but this time a little bit of concern in my voice.I open my eyes,to quickly dash them over to the place where there should've been a blond boy laying.

I look up a bit more and focus my vision on Henry who's on the other end of the room,stuffing his clothes in his bag.

"What're you doing,idiot?" I say leaning up,shifting all of my weight to my hands.

"I can find somewhere else to stay, you don't have to put up with me Patrick" he says zipping up the bag.

"It's 3 in the morning Henry, get back in bed"I say closing my eyes and letting myself fall back on the bed.

I hear footsteps before the door shuts.I open my eyes and hurry out of the bed. I run down the stairs to catch up with Henry.

By the time I get down stairs he's already outside in the pouring rain.I run outside barely having the speed to keep up with him.I get a few strange glances from an old woman sitting inside her house before noticing I'm in pajama shorts and a rather see though t-shirt due to the rain painted across it.

I catch Henry by the shoulder. "What're you doing?"I raise my voice to over power the rain, holding my hand above my eyes so I can look up at him.

He turns to me with raindrops dripping from his hair. "I know you don't want me to stay so I'm doing you a favor and letting myself out" he says standing closer so I can hear him clearly.

"Henry seriously! If I didn't want you in my house then I'd kick you out-"I say tilting his face down so he's looking at me.

"But I know you're just doing it as pity on me"Henry almost whispered.

I shake my head, softly laughing a bit. "I want you to stay Henry I really do, it's not that I don't like you it's just every time you're around- I feel all fuzzy"I whisper the last word so quietly but now that I'm thinking about it oh god he's gotten so close to me that it's be weird if he hadn't heard it.

"F-fuzzy how?"he spits out like he wasn't even in control of what he was saying.

"um- fuzzy like....flustered" by now I'm sure neither of us are thinking any of what we're saying through.

the blush on his cheeks is hard to miss.

And before I know it we're so close,that just a little push and our lips would be locking and we'd be kissing in the rain,like one of those teen rom-coms.I never really imagined I'd have my first kiss in such a cliche way but I never thought my first kiss would be shared with Henry fucking Bowers either.

I can feel his breath lingering on my lips,it feels good,it feels right to have him this close. And for the first time in years I've felt completely comfortable and safe and like nothing is here but him, nothing can hurt me and everything's perfect always-

"disgusting"

and it's only one word that's snaps me right out of that safe feeling.
Henry pushes me away quickly,reverting his eyes to his shoes.

[TW: HARASSMENT AND HOMOPHOBIC SLURS]

"disgusting"the man slurred,clearly drunk,getting close enough for us to smell his breath.

He corners me against a wall,towering over me from the clear height difference.He just looks down and snickers "you fags are all over the place now a days" he gets even closer pressing his nose against mine.

He smirks pressing his two hands down against mine,forcing me against the wall.He kisses me harshly. I struggle tears pricking my eyes.I pull me head away as hard as I can and manage to get a moment of air. "S-stop please" I whimper.

"Shut up fucking fairy" he shouts,slapping my ass.My arm fall limp and I weaken eventually giving up. If I let it happen hopefully he won't hurt me.

"HEY !"I hear Henry shout. "Leave him alone...".
"Oh? Swooping in and saving your boyfriend?what're you gonna do about it?"the man says dropping me onto the floor and making his way over to Henry.

Henry swings at him but misses which results in him getting thrown onto the floor.

The man kicks his side over and over, spitting on him. "A dirty little shit like you should be dead"

He's not crying.Or screaming in pain or anything he's just whimpering little sorrys eventually getting louder before he somewhat snaps.

"IM SORRY D-DAD PLEASE DON'T HURT ME"

There's silence for a second and the man stops.
He lets out the most chilling laugh I've ever heard sending shivers down my spine before picking up his drink and walking away while taking another swig off it.

"H-Henry !" I say running over. I pick him up throwing his arm around my shoulders and quickly pulling him back into my house.

I get him water and tie back his hair into a little low pony tail to keep his hair out of his face.

I apply ice to his bruises and clean his wounds.

"Seems like you're doing this for me every day nowadays"he chuckles.

I look up at him with a soft smile "Only you could laugh after getting the shit beaten out of you-".

"what?! I totally had it under control I could've beaten that guy definitely"he pouts.

"Whatever you say dummy" I say finishing up cleaning the cuts around his ribs.

He chuckles a bit before smiling down at me.I look up at him with wide eyes.

He looks at my lips and back up to my eyes.I suppose I'm going to have to be the brave one.I lean up attempting to press my lips lightly against his.

He pulls away.

"We can't do this..."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YALL REALLY THOUGHT THEY WERE GONNA KISS THIS SOON-