"But then why he is not accepting my prayers. can't he see my tears ? Dado I am in pain and I want my hero back."

"Sometimes Allah gives you pain to make you stronger. If you never feel pain, how will you know he is the healer. Allah gives us pain so that we can appreciate the good things coming our way. There will be times when you hate something which is good for you, while wanting something which is bad for you. Allah knows what is good and bad for us.We should trust him no matter what happens cause he understands us like no one else could.
My child, you want to be close to Allah. Right ?"

"Yes dado."

"Then you have to clear all the difficulties he is testing you with and if you pass with good marks, he'll reward you... you remember, your teacher rewarded you with chocolate when you came first in drawing competition. So Allah will reward you too, if you pass all the tests he gives you."

I nodded my head grinning, recalling how happy I was, when I received trophy and chocolate.

"Really dado. Will Allah reward me with a chocolate fountain if I pass every difficulty and be a good girl. Will he return my hero back ?"

She chuckled hearing me and answered while caressing my hair lovingly

"He will award you with things better than chocolate fountain and if you'll have sabr (patience) then he'll return your hero too."

"Then I'll be a good girl from now."

Flashback ends.....

Her thoughts still linger inside my head till now. She was right, he answered my prayers, when he thought the time was right. He returned my Mir back to me. Indeed he is with patient.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Maria was lost in her thoughts when her phone ringed. Her school friend Meera was calling her. She was astonished to see her calling her. They lost their contact years ago. She smiled, picking up the phone call.

"Hello ajnabi ! Is dost ki itne time baad kaise yaad aayi ?"

(Hello stranger ! How did you remember this friend after a long time ?)

She heard a chuckle from the other side

"Abhi tak taana maarne ki aadat nahi gayi na teri."

(Your habit of taunting me, never went away...)

"Haan, puraani aadatein itni aasani se nahi jaati. Aur batao aisi kaunsi baat hui jiski wajah mujhe yaad kiya aapne."

(Yup, old habits die hard. Tell me what's the matter that made you remember me..)

"Kuch nahi bas itne din ho gaye the toh hum sab doston ne kal reunion ka plan kiya hai, aur tumhe to zaroor aana hai. Koi bahaana nahi chalega,theek hai. Bas tumhe aana hai."

(It's been long since we met so all of us had decided for a reunion and you have to come. No excuse will be excepted, got it. You have to come.)

"Acha baba main zaroor aaungi , par pehle ye to bata do, aana kidhar hai. Aur waise kaun kaun aa raha hai ?"

(Okay, I'll come but tell me first where I have to come. Who all are coming ?)

"Humaari purani gang aa rahi hai. Aur rahi baat jagah ki to main tumhe message karke location send kardungi. Theek hai, to phir kal milte hai. Bye beauty !!"

(Our old gang is coming. And I'll text you the address. Okay then meet you tomorrow. Bye beauty !!)

She chuckled hearing beauty. It was the name her friends used to call her with. They called her beauty as according to them she was the most beautiful girl in their group, beautiful outside and beautiful inside.