• disrespectful sister.

Start from the beginning

I blushed. "I love you."

   "Love you too mo-" His sentence cut short when his phone started ringing. He rolled at whoever was calling and answered it anyway. "What do you want?...Fuck no...Why the hell would I take you that far?...Call someone else, I ain't taking you no where...I'on give a fuck...That's your problem."

He hung up and I could already tell he hung up on the person's face. He looks so sexy when he's mad. I chuckled softly. "Who was that?"

"My sister."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What happened?"

"She wanted me to take her to this party one of her ratchet ass friends throwing." He kissed his teeth. "Not only I don't wanna take her, that shit far."

I giggled. "Why y'all don't get along?"

    "Long story short," He sighed and looked away from me. "She always reminds me how I'm the reason our mom died; since she died right after giving birth to me. She always say stuff like "Now, my future kids can't even meet their lovely grandmother because of you, since you caused her death." "

   My heart broke. She should never say stuff like that to her little brother. That's hurtful and could even make him commit suicide if she don't stop saying things like that to him constantly.

I stopped walking and looked at him, but he refused to look back at me. "Do you truly believe that?"

"How could I not?" He exhaled sharply. "I mean, she did die right after I was born."

"No, no." I caressed his cheek and made him look at me. "Its not your fault. It probably was her time to go..."

His eyes welled up with tears and he looked away from me again. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"I understand." I nodded. "How about I drop her off? I could also get a chance to meet her and maybe talk to her."

He chuckled slightly. "You don't have to do that."

"I want to." I did a small smile.

-

"Bad idea." Bahja shook her head. "Bad idea."

"Why?" I whined. "Is his sister that bad?" I was currently chilling with Bahja since I was bored. Chresanto was upstairs sleeping.

She nodded. "You don't wanna meet her. She's so fucking conceited and rude. Like, she have no respect for no one."

   "I don't know," I shrugged. "I still want meet her. My curiosity is geeting the best of me right now." I chuckled and took a sip out of my water bottle. "Why don't you like her? Chresanto have a reason, what's yours?"

"She called me a hoe," She started. "She just never liked me but somehow she got along great with Jasmine."

"Oh, well, I wanna see what she think of me." I did a small smile.

She chuckled and look down at her phone. "Good luck with that."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frowned a bit.

  "Chresanto was mine once Zonnique," She emphasized the word mine. Okay, and? "I know she's not gonna like you. She never get along with Chresanto's girlfriends unless they're Jasmine. When Chres and I dated, she insulted me every chance she got."

"What makes you think she'll do the same to me?" I was low key annoyed. "We're two people, with two different personalities."

"I just wouldn't be surprise if she does." She shrugged. "But, what have been going on with you today?"

"None." I shook my head. "Chres and I walked around the neighborhood this morning and promised to never let each go no matter what happens."

Bahja chuckled. "Silly promises."

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean by that?"

"I remember when Chresanto and I made them promises," She chuckled. "He's just saying that for when he cheats, you won't leave him."

"What are talking about?" I frowned. "He never cheated on you. He never even cheated on Jasmine, so I doubt he'll cheat on me."

"I know but I'm just saying, that's what I feel like he's doing."

   I look at the time and it was time for me to go get Chresanto's sister; still don't know her name yet but I made Chres text her to inform her that I'll be dropping her off.

I stood up from the couch. "I should get going. You want me to drop you home?"

She shook her head. "I'll stay here and hang with Chresanto when he wakes up."

   I nodded slowly before grabbing Chresanto's car key. I drove to Chresanto's house. When I got there, I got down from the car and knocked on the door.

   A girl—a beautiful one at that— opened the door. She had long, curly, brown or blonde hair. She had beautiful brown eyes, just like Chresanto's. She looked like she's in her late 20s—26 or 27. She wore a black pencil skirt with a white blouse, which was tucked in. She wore beautiful white heels.

She was stunning!

"You must be Chresanto's sister," I smiled. I put my hand out, "I'm Zonnique,"

She looked at my hand like it was some kind of disease and I quickly put my hand down.

   "Bitch, I know who are. Chresanto already told me so I don't need yo' ugly ass telling me again." She snapped. "And you're late!" She brushed past me, bumping my shoulder along the way.

> ★ and comment for ⇨ chapter.