Chapter 8

"Anuradha beti!" Someone called her from outside. 

Anuradha opened the door, "Manyata masi!"

Manyata was her neighbor. She had been helping them since they came to the place. She was the one who recommended Anuradha for a teacher's job. She had a good relationship with some rich people.

"Get inside!" Anuradha welcomed her.

Manyata and Anuradha sat on a couch.

"Where is Avantika?" Manyata asked.

"Ma..... look who's here?"

Avantika came out from her room, when she saw Manyata was sitting there she smiled, "Manyata!" She sat next to them. "Now you remember the way to our home."

"I always do. Anyways I came here with good news for you Anuradha." Manyata said the reason behind her sudden visit.

Anuradha smiled widely, she knew that her neighbor brought a better job opportunity for her.

"What's it?" Anuradha asked curiously.

Manyata looked at both mother and daughter before saying, "Actually it's not good news for you but it would be a great support for your family."

Avantika knitted her eyebrows, "Manyata, what do you want to say? Just say it clearly."

Anuradha assured her, "Manyata masi, I believe you. You will never do anything to harm us. So you can tell  me, whatever you want."

"I know you believe me dear. That's why I came with this offer." Manyata said.

"Offer?" Avantika asked.

"Yes, it's kind of an offer." Manyata continued, she was still hesitant to tell them. "Have you ever heard about Oberoi mansion, one of the richest families in Agra."

Avantika nodded, "Yeah, I did. So?"

"A grand wedding is going to be held there.  Their family is staying in London. Tomorrow they'll come to India for their daughter's wedding. So there is a need for people to help." Anuradha looked at her confusingly.  "You will get paid per hour. It's nothing, just helping in cleaning and washing and doing some dishes like little households. That's it."

Anuradha asked, not understanding clearly, "A maid?"