Chapter 5

Vedant angrily stormed into the home and threw his cricket bat and ball and plopped on the couch. Anuradha walked out in the kitchen, found her little champ angrily sitting there.

"Hey, what happened?" Anuradha asked.

Vedant looked up to his mother for a second and averted his gaze to the floor.

Anuradha came in front of him and raised his chin up, "what happened?" She repeated, but still no reply.

Vedant moved to the other side of the couch far from his mother. Anuradha yelled at his little tactic, "Ved!...." she sat beside him and made him look into her eyes. "Now tell me, what happened? Did you fight with anyone?"

Vedant was looking up to his mother, still angrily. "Don't talk to me." He replied, he thought that his mother would be the reason behind everything.

"Why?"

"Where is my, papa? I want to see him. I want to play with him." Vedant's little heart was aching for his father's presence. He badly wanted his father. "I want my papa." He shouted.

"Ved!" Anuradha shouted as well as before her son's stubbornness.

"I told you, you have no papa. I am your Maa and papa."

Vedant being a little monster he replied instantly, "no, you're lying. Everybody has papa. Pappu, Krishna and Sonu and everybody. But I have no papa."

"Yes, everybody has. But you have me as yours Maa and papa." Anuradha gently touched his head, but it suddenly snatched back as Vedant stood up and yelled at her.

"No, you're lying. Lying is bad. You're a bad mother." His seething instantly broke down by Avantika.

"Ved!" Avantika warned him, "say sorry to your mother."

But the stubborn head fixed his gaze onto the floor, he didn't realize what he had told his mother.

Anuradha was still in a trance as she couldn't convey her son's words clearly. She wished that she had heard it wrong, but it's the truth. Her mind burst into tears as she was still sitting there blankly.

Avantika turned around him and repeated again, "say sorry to your mother. Don't you know that it's a bad thing if you raise your voice against your mother."

"But she is lying, nani." The little mouth let his another lame excuse.

"You said lying is bad, then why are you telling me to say sorry? I am not...."

Avantika grabbed his shoulder angrily, "Ved!...."

"Leave it, Maa." Anuradha said, still broken inside. "He is a little boy. He doesn't know what he was talking about."

She walked back to the kitchen, she knew that if she continued there anymore, she would cry in front of them. She didn't want to show her weakness before anyone, she had already done a lot.

"See, what your mother has told you. No matter what you are telling her. She loves you more than anything."

Avantika kneel down in front of him,