I Quit!!

4 years later...

~AUTHOR'S POV~
Ever since the day Min Young Soo died, the Min household was mostly silent and cold. Namsoon showed less care towards her children and only focused on the tasks given to her to put food on the table. She worked harder than usual because she didn't have her husband to help with their family's financial difficulty but luckily she gets paid millions of dollars for the tasks. She was like a robot who only focused on working.

Despite seeing Namsoon in that condition, Yoonji and Yoongi understood why their mother was like that as the death of their father impacted them as well. The Min siblings also weren't as close as they were before but still took care of each other well.

Yoongi was given a mission to assassinate a wealthy family. The usual missions given to assassins. That was  what he told Yoonji while the real reason of the assassination was to get a file containing the names of all the criminals in Korea including their family. Yoongi was determined to not fail the mission as his family was at stake. Unfortunately, he didn't complete his mission as the file was never found and two of the victims was still alive.

It was August 11th,the day of Yoongi's trial. Yoongi pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 3 years in prison. Before the guards were escorting him out of the courtroom, he briefly glanced at Yoonji who was present in the trial and mouthed "I'm sorry". Namsoon, by only having Yoonji at her side, she was more overprotective towards her and never let her get assigned to any missions until she was 21.

3 years after Yoongi's sentence...

Yoonji waited patiently for her brother's return for the past 3 years. Soon it was finally the day he would get out of prison and she could see him again. She went to the police department where Yoongi was held and asked the officer in charge of Yoongi's whereabouts but the officer said he already left an hour ago. Yoonji thought that he would be at home so she rushed home as fast as she could.

When she arrived,she didn't see her brother in the living room so she went looking for him in his room but to no avail he wasn't there either. His room was almost empty.His clothes were no longer there. Yoonji then found a note on his bed.

************************************
Mom I'm sorry but I can't continue our family's legacy anymore. I have someone to protect now and I don't want that person to get hurt again by my work so I'm quitting being an assassin. Tell Yoonji I'm sorry for leaving her.Please take care of her in my stead.
                                                       -Yoongi
************************************

Present Day....

~YOONJI'S POV~
I woke up with tears in my eyes. I dreamt about the day my brother left me and my mom. The memory of what happened in the past still saddens me. I wiped the tears off my eyes and started to get ready for the day.

While in the shower, I still had so many thoughts about yesterday with Jimin and Yoongi.

"Yoongi... You broke your promise. Coward. "

I went downstairs for breakfast and saw mom waiting for me. I did wanna tell her about Yoongi yesterday but my mind was a mess I couldn't find the right words to bring it up. My mom probably saw that I was acting different so she told me to have a talk with her.

"What's wrong? Did anything happen yesterday? " she asked.

I stayed silent as I still wasn't ready to tell her about Yoongi yet.

"Yoonji, you need to tell me what's wrong. I already promised that I'd take care of you in your brother's stead and I'm sure he wouldn't want to see you like this" mom said.