Skuh-Skuh-Skuh

Is it possible to say 'sksksks' out loud because that's what I'm currently feeling.

~Millie Bobby Brown~

"I'm wHEEZING." Emma burst out of the uber doors and flung herself onto me, "I can't believe the Duffers want me to audition for the new part, I'm still processing it as we speak."

Noah stood behind me and gave Emma a soft hug. "I'm in shock too. You might be stuck filming with us for almost a year." He looked at me and laughed, "You'll definitely get sick of seeing us everyday."

She clutched her heart, "Don't give me hope, Noah."

Emma's uber driver lifted her suitcase out of the trunk and handed it to our security guard. She waved the driver goodbye and the three of us followed the man into the cold Vancouver Airport.

"Where's the rest of y'all?" She counted Noah and I on her fingers, "There's two out of six here now. I've lost my kids."

I laughed and held her arm. I said, "We totally should have booked our flights together. But," She gestured to Kevin, our 'official' bodyguard, "He told me it would be too chaotic. You know, with the paparazzi and fans and all. Seeing the entire cast fly to Italy at the same time would stir a couple rumours."

Noah looked doubtful. He questioned, "What rumours? That we're all taking a well-deserved vacation together? I sure as hell deserve it, I don't know about you two."

Emma shrugged, "I definitely don't deserve a massive trip with the cast of Stranger Things. I've done nothing to get to where I am. I haven't worked my asshole off attending interviews and filming scenes."

Noah and I smiled at each other behind Emma's head. I told her, "But you will soon. You'll be staying up 48 hours straight with me filming and refilming stupid scenes that the directors will eventually cut from the final thing. You'll down so many cups of coffee, you'll be peeing yourself in between takes."

Noah added, "And when we all see the finalized third season, you'll be so terrific, you'll win awards. I can feel it in my bones."

"Don't you mean in your jellies?" Emma and I tried to contain our laughter from my stupid joke.

Kevin turned around and said, "Yeah, yeah. Real mature."

We checked our baggage and blasted through security clearance thanks to Kevin. It was hard to reach our gate with all of the fans pushing each other to get autographs. Some asked for Emma's too, and I knew she was feeling famous already.

We decided to relax in the air miles lounge before boarding. Emma and I peeled oranges on the couch while Noah talked to Kevin about our seats on the flight. I knew he was trying to kick me to the next row so he could sit with Emms.

I gave her a portion of my peeled orange and she ate it all in one bite. I asked, "Is it nice to bask in my celebrity status while also enjoying the luxury of privacy?"

"Is it possible to convey the emotion of smashing on the keyboard when you're texting because that's what I'm currently feeling."

I giggled. "You mean the s and the k? Skuh-skuh-skuh?"

We both burst out laughing.

She said, "Yeah, that and the fact that I'm completely blowing school off for fame."

I was confused. "You aren't still on New Year's break? You're literally ditching school?"

"I was supposed to say goodbye to Joe and the rest of my family here and fly back to California with my parents a week ago. Thank god they let me come on this trip with y'all," She whispered into my ear, "I'm pretty sure they think I'll get paid by someone for being in the limelight or some shit."

I could barely hear her. "Speak up, girlie. I'm deaf in one ear."

We were giggling and trying to take orange bits off of our fingers when Finn's name flashed on Emma's phone.

WolfHARD
11:67 AM

WolfHARD
just thought i should say have a safe flight

Emma opened the text message and smiled.

"Oh no." I looked her in the eye, "Are you and Finn-"

"No!" She cut me off, "Not at all, not even close."

I showed her my phone screen, "Then why hasn't he sent me a 'safe-flight' text too?"

She swiped up and turned on airplane mode to avoid any more texts from Finn. I could read it in her expression that she had some bottled up feelings for him.

I put my hand on her shoulder, "It's alright to like two different guys at the same time you know."

She gasped, "I do not!" Then she said under her breath, "I feel very hoe-y having two celebrities into me and not knowing which one I want to be with."

I laughed, "It all comes with the package, hun. You'll figure it out soon. I'm not going to try to shuffle you in one direction," I jerked my head at Noah still arguing with Kevin, "But you need to do what feels good with you."

"Well, both of them are going to feel good down there, but I need to know which one feels better if you know what I mean." She winked at me.

I stuffed an unpeeled orange into her mouth, "I'M NOT SAYING HOOK UP WITH THEM!" I realized everyone in the lounge was staring at me so I lowered my voice. "I mean hang out with them in Italy, alone. See what they act like when it's just you and them. We could make a list if you want."

She quickly shook her head, "The last thing I want is what happened between Rachel and Ross when he made a pro/con list about her." I agreed.

The loudspeaker's voice rang through my ear, "Flight number 47362 to Rome is boarding now. All first class passengers and any families with small children are welcome to board the plane."

Kevin grabbed all of our carry-ons and guided us out of the lounge in a hurry, "Let's go!"