Chapter Nine

I'm finally uploading, (My computer hasn't let me on here in a while! And sorry for that!!) and, in all honesty, I should be hitting my head against a wall. ^-^' It usually doesn't take this long. But, now that I had week off for thanksgiving, I decided to upload more often. :D (And sorry for the bad language!) But on to the main attraction here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heaven"s Pov

When I woke up, I was still in the dark. It felt weird, you know, when all around you is complete darkness and no matter how hard you blink or how wide you open your eyes to try to see, you just can't. I hate that feeling. It makes me feel so unbearably weak and helpless.

And then all of a sudden, I'm blinded by an unbearable bright light! I quickly covered my eyes with my hands to try to hide my face in my covers.

"What the hell!?" I said in quickening frustration. "I didn't hear the door open....so..."

"My, you are quite a loud one..."

"Alec!? What the...!" I was so startled I fell off the bed!

"Uh...!" I heard Alec move quickly to my side. "Uh...Sorry...Didn't mean to scare you."

" 'Didn't mean to scare you'? Oh, no, I wasn't scared at all, I just fell off the bed for no reason...!"

He stood straighter, closed his eyes and crossed his arms. "Well...there's no reason to be sarcastic."

I sighed after I sat on the bed and could somewhat breathe. "Sorry. But you scared me! And that really hurt my eyes."

His face became softer, and he smiled, his face giving a sort of glow. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. You just seemed confused and dazed, and you didn't seem to like that. So I tried to help you out."

I frowned at him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"How is it you can see my expressions in the dark enough to know that I don't like something? And why were you in here in the first place!?" When he frowned, mirroring my expression, I'm sure, his face lost that glow. It had a dark cover over it almost.

"You sure are observant, aren't you?" He asked with that smile once again plastered on his face.

And that, is what started it all.

His face, all of a sudden, became so pale and ghost-like, and scared, his eyes wide and confused, that I almost wanted to comfort him. Almost.

"Hey...what is it? What's wrong? You don't have to answer, you know." He shook his head, very slightly. I couldn't tell if he was answering to me or denying whatever it was that had him so frightened.

"N-no...No!" Tears. I was so surprised to see tears escape his eyes, and he made no movement to move them, to stop them from falling down his cheeks. I got up, carefully, and walked over to him.

"Hey, what is it?" I moved my index finger to his cheek, moving each of the tears as they fell. He was not only pale, but he was cold. No...not cold...freezing. I mean, I noticed he was pale before, but, c'mon! This is rediculous!

He moved his face away from me, so that I couldn't even see his eyes, or most of his face. I could hear the strange, quiet sobs coming from his chest. And then...and then he was gone. My finger was alone in the air, wet with his tears.

"What the..." I trailed off. I noticed a pain in my neck and involuntarily moved my hand to it to inspect. "Ow..." There were stiches over an area on my neck, right under my left ear.