Contact, Injuries, and Desperate Sleep.

Start from the beginning

Flashback: Narrator's P.O.V.

The raging storm has stopped the ship from moving any farther, snow and raging water were making the ship's Captain frustrated.

"Move faster, men! Move! Chop! Heave!" Captain Archibald yelled to get the men to move faster.

"The ice is freezing faster than it's melting! An innocent sailor yelled up to the Captain that was up on the ship's deck.

"Chop faster!" The Captain yelled back at the sailor.

Another sailor yelled out in fright, "Got to chop faster or we'll be stuck!"

"Heave, men! Heave! No sacrifice, no victory! We'll get to the Arctic Circle, lads!" Captain Archibald yelled to encourage the sailors.

The sailors worked hard into the night to free the ship as well as themselves.

Sam's P.O.V.

"So, that's the story, right? And here we have some of the basic instruments and tools used by nineteenth-century seamen." I said as I finished my story, everyone started to giggle at the misunderstanding of the word. "This here is the quadrant, which you can get for eighty bucks. It's all for sale, by the way. Like the, uh, the sextant here." More giggles from the class as I was trying to get some extra cash. "Fifty dollars for this, which is a bargain. These are pretty cool. These are my grandfather's glasses. I haven't quite gotten them appraised ye, but they've seen many cool things."

"Are you going to sell me his liver? Mr. Witwicky, this isn't show and sell. It's eleventh grade. I don't think your grandfather would be particularly proud of what you're doing, nor your sister." Mr. Hosney said.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just, you know, this is all going towards my car fund. You can tell your folks. It's on eBay. I take PayPal. Cold hard cash works, too. And the compass makes a great gift for Columbus Day."

"Sam!"

"Sorry. Um, unfortunately, my great-great-grandfather, the genius that he was, wound up going blind and crazy in the psycho ward, drawing these strange symbols and babbling on about some, uh, giant iceman that he thought he'd discovered."

"Okay. Might be a pop quiz tomorrow. Might not. Sleep in fear tonight. Sam, someone is waiting for you in the hallway when we are done."

"Here, you want? Here, fifty. Forty? Thirty?"

"Sam?"

(Y/n) P.O.V.

After Sam's presentation, I stayed in the hallway in my uniform and bandages from being released from the hospital. Students and teachers were looking at me wondering what I was doing here at the end of the school day and all beat up. I didn't mind because it was my story to tell and it would forever be left on my body. Dad wanted to help me, but I told him that I could do it on my own. I peeked into the classroom and it looked like Sam was trying to convince the teacher to give him an A. After a while, the teacher gave in and gave Sam an A. He came speed walking out of the classroom very excited, which meant that he was getting a car. He swung the door open and started down the hallway just to stop after a few steps after taking a quick glance at me. He did a double-take to make sure I was real.

"(Y/n)?" Sam said while turning around slowly that he thought I would disappear.

"Yes, Sam? Did you not want me to come to see you after I was blown up? Or did you not want to give your older sister a hug?" I said sassily because Sam was being stupid. He turned with tears in his eyes and ran towards me. I opened my arms as he crashed into me. The force almost knocked me off my feet because he was taller than me and gained more muscles. After the hug, he let go and blasted me with questions. "Sam, slow down. I'm not going anywhere for a while. I'll answer them one at a time. But first, let's go get you your car! Race you to Dad's car!" I said while taking off towards Dad's green convertible. Sam was behind me as I zoomed to the car. He didn't stand a chance because of my training with full-body bulletproof armor and rucksack full of MRE's, ammunition, tactical survival gear, and water. Getting to Dad's car I hurtled myself into the car's backseat through the open window.

"God, (Y/n)! How many times have I told you not to do that! Use the door that's what it's made for! And your hurt!"

"Oh, Dad. Since I'm back I can't wait to hear you worry again and again until I have to go. By the way, you're such a worry wort. Chill, I'm fine. It would take a lot to keep me down." I said while Sam's panting as he gets into the car. Out of the corner of my eye, Dad rolled his eyes at Sam's and I's behavior.

"So?"

"A-minus. It's an A, though." Sam said.

"Wait, wait, wait. I can't see. It's an A."

"So, I'm good?"

"You're good," Dad said as we pulled away from the school and onto the road to the car dealership. After a while, we made it to the actual dealership after Dad decided to play a mean joke on Sammy and now he's acting like a child. We pulled into the driveway of the dealership, I literally jumped out of the car while it was still moving and did an army roll and got back up to my feet in a matter of seconds. Dad parked the car then got out with Sam to look back at the backseats to not find me there.

"Hey, Sammy! Look at this one! It's cute! If you're not gonna get it, I will!" I yelled across the lot at them while I stayed in front of the yellow and black racing striped Camaro. I walked over to the driver's side door and opened it. "Oh, I like this one already. But Sammy is gonna love you." I rubbed some dirt off from the wheel and saw a strange symbol. Almost like the symbol, I saw on the creature that destroyed my base. "You, my friend need to answer my questions," I said to the car. After a few seconds, I didn't get an answer.

"(Y/n)! Move over, I want to see how it feels to sit in the driver's seat!" Sam said.

"Alright. Since it's your first car but I call dibs if you don't want it! By the way, why didn't you use my car while I was gone?"

"Fine by me. It has a weird symbol here on the wheel. I kinda like it. It's still in the military parking garage you left it at. We couldn't get it at the time and Dad said it was stupid to have another car just sitting at the house. He was also worried that if I had it I would have crashed it." Sammy said while inspecting the vehicle while I got myself comfortable on the passenger seat by rubbing my bottom and shifting downward, so I was slouching against the seat. As I was adjusting myself the seat started to heat up which started to lull me to sleep along with easing the pain of my body from recent events. As I started to go into unconsciousness I could hear them arguing but didn't care at this point between the men. I came out of it when I heard yelling of getting out.

"You! I'll pay four thousand five hundred if you give me this car! Or so help me that I don't drop you out of a plane in a war zone!" I yelled at the Hispanic man scamming us. I might have pulled my gun out without thinking due to my PTSD and lack of sleep.

"Okay, okay. Four thousand!" The man said as I put my gun in my holster that was on my belt.

"Good, now Sam sign the damn paperwork before I blow another gasket. Drive the car home and let me sleep." I demanded without questions asked and handed Dad my wallet then went back to sleep. "Yo car, heat the seat up a little bit before I turn you into the government." The car shivered in fear as I mumbled the sentence out and started to fall back to sleep in the seat.