𝒖𝒏𝒂; 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

"Hello, fellow classmates." I walked into the classroom with my hands on my hips and a grin on my face. Everyone averted their eyes away from me. 

"Persephone. You're late." Mrs Cross said, tiredly. 

"Am I?" I smiled, looking at the clock. "Barley. Only by twenty minutes." I turned back to her with a grin. 

"Just sit down." Mrs Cross sighed, before continuing to explain what was on the board. I wandered to my seat to the back only to find a tall boy with brown hair sitting in it. I recognised him, I'd seen him around. Never spoken to him, though. I put both my hands on the desk, making him jump. 

"This is my seat." I gave him a sickly-sweet smile. 

"There are no assigned seats." He turned to me and gave me the same smile. I bit my tongue, grinned and shook at my head at him. 

"You know what I'm assigning you?" I asked him, moving closer so my face was inches from his. He looked startled. "A kick in the balls. And you're gonna have to attend to it unless you. Move. Your. Ass." 

The guy bit his lip before gathering his things and moving to a free seat. As soon as I sat down, a person on the loudspeaker starting talking. 

"Could we have Persephone Tatum to the front desk?" It said. 

"Son of a bitch," I muttered to myself as I got up, rolling my eyes. I could feel everyone's eyes on me when I trudged to the front of the classroom but as I looked over my shoulder at them, they all went back to doing what they were doing.

When I arrived, I crossed my arms on the front desk with a grin.

"Karen! How are you?" I asked the woman. 

"It's Mrs Bloom, to you." She gave me a tired look.

"Sheesh." I took my arms off the desk and backed off, "Why the hell am I even here?" I asked.

"You're an escort." Mrs Bloom told me. I raised an eyebrow and leaned forward.

"And esco-whatta?" I questioned with a frown. 

"An escort." She repeated, "You're showing Mr Seavey around for today." Mrs Bloom gestured behind me. I turned around. It was the first time had noticed the blue-eyed boy. He gave me a smile from where he sat on the chair. 

A disgusted expression formed on my face as I turned back to Mrs Bloom.

"What the whickity whack?" I asked, "Why me?"

"Exactly." She raised her eyebrows, "Mr Leto seems to think it'll improve your behaviour."

"By influencing a new student?" I laughed. 

"I won't be influenced." The boy shook his head.

"Yeah, ok. We'll see, pretty boy." I raised an eyebrow. He blushed and scratched the back of his neck. 

"Don't tease him, Persephone. He's new. Just show him around, maybe be friends." Mrs Bloom shrugged.

"I don't need friends," I said, flatly. "Come on." I nodded at the boy. He got up and followed me out of the office. "So, do you have a name, or should I just refer to you as Mr Seavey?"

"It's Daniel." He nodded, "And you're Persephone?" 

"Ding ding ding." I smiled, "You're smart, pretty boy."

"My name is Daniel-," He tried, clearly not liking my nickname for him. 

"And my name's Persephone. I thought we established this?" I said, putting my hands in my pockets. 

"We did. But-," 

"Is that a guitar?" I asked him, stopping in the hallway and staring at the black case he was holding. It was the first time I had cared to notice he had one. 

"Oh..." Daniel looked down at the case with a smile, "Yeah. Do you play?" 

"My boyfriend used to." I shrugged, starting to walk again. 

"Oh, really? Who's your boyf-,"

"Ok, here's the gymnasium. You go there if you want to attend gym." I opened the double doors, "Alright, Mr Kutcher?" I shouted to the teacher who was watching kids do laps around the hall. Mr Kutcher was the only teacher that kind of tolerated me. Even though I barely showed up to gym. 

He found me funny, much to the teachers' disapproval. They said he shouldn't be encouraging my behaviour. Like him telling me off would stop me.

"Hey, Persephone. Shouldn't you be in class?" He walked up to me and smiled. 

"I'm an escort." I nodded, "For Mr Seavey here." I turned to him, "Or Daniel, as he likes being called." Daniel rolled his eyes.

"You like sports, Daniel?" Mr Kutcher asked him, crossing his arms across his chest. 

"Uhm, well..." I lifted up Daniel shirt, slightly. 

"He has abs," I confirmed. Daniel pulled down his shirt, flushing red with embarrassment. 

"I don't really play sports." He said, "But I work out." Daniel glared at me. My jaw dropped. He would learn better than to give me attitude. "Music's more my thing."

"Well, you should consider playing for our team." Mr Kutcher nodded, "Have fun, you two."

"Oh, we will." I laughed, walking out. As soon as the door shut behind us, I pushed Daniel against the wall.

"What the hell are you doing?" He shrieked.

"I guess it's my fault for not establishing this. Everyone here knows me. Not because I'm popular, not because I score all the winning goals, not because I'm nice." I scowled, "They know me so they can stay away from me. That applies to you too." Daniel's breathing quickened. 

"O-ok." He nodded. I let go of him and waited for him to catch his breath. 

"Anyways, let's continue." I smiled as we started to walk again, "This is the cafeteria. Where you, you know... eat or whatever." I gestured inside and shut the doors again. 

"Where's the music room?" Daniel asked.

"Upstairs." I shrugged. 

"Do you know if I can leave my guitar in there?" He asked, hopeful. 

"Do I look like the kind of person  that would know what?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I guess not." Daniel frowned. 

Later, the bell rang, signalling lunchtime and the hall soon filled up with students. 

"Run free, pretty boy." I ushered him along before swiftly walking past him without a backward glance.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆.
𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕: 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂 3𝒂𝒎, 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒏𝒖𝒈𝒈𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉; 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒕 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑. 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕.
 - 𝒖𝒏𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏.