It weren't too long before a child, with a wet bowl-cut came running out from behind them with a large surfboard in hand, placing it on the ground.

"There's a boy," y/n announced and watched as the boy greeted the woman with a cheery smile.

"Did you see that?" He asked, the woman placed two hands on his cheeks.

"Yeah I saw that!" She happily responded, kissing his forehead, the wind blowing her hair in front of her face.

"That was at least seven feet," he told her, the smile not once disappearing.

"I don't know what it was but it almost gave me a heart attack," she laughed to him as he raised the front of his brows, squinting his eyes, looking up to the woman.

"Ten more minutes?" He asked, the woman looked up at the wave and back to the boy.

"Yeah, okay, ten more minutes," she agreed, letting the boy run to his suddboard and picked it up, jogging away "Any longer than that dads gonna be mad, okay?" She instructed him, so it could be the boys sister? Y/n guessed.

"Okay!" He responded, running towards the ocean again.

"Billy!" The woman called. "Watch out for rip currents!" She yelled, y/n and El exchanged looks.

"I know!" He yelled back and they watched him run away.

"It's Billy," the two girl spoke.

"It's California," max spoke. "it's a memory," she confirmed.

"I think I can see it," eleven spoke both to y/n and the party, she pointed over to a storming cloud with lightning and thunder erupting loudly, both of their eyes squinting to get a better picture if it. "the source," el added and they both began to walk, closer to the eye wall of the storm.

The girls stopped abruptly  to looked at the particles, they looked almost like pollen but realised it couldn't be after having the toxic aroma glued into their nostrils.

"Hey Billy stop! What the hell is wrong with you? What did we talk about huh?" A man bent down to look at younger Billy, he took two baseball bats and both wore a baseball cap, Billy wore a uniform.

"I-I know," he stammered back in response.

"Wait, are you afraid of getting hurt is that it?" The man questioned him, his face hardened and they watched Billy's face look slightly frightened.

"No," he responded

"Well what then? What?" The man yelled. "What did I raise? A pussy for a son?" He questioned the boy, it's his father, it's Billy's dad.

"Leave me alone!" Billy yelled, pulling his arm away from his grip and ran away heading closer towards the source.

"Hey!" His dad called after him, standing there.

"That's right run! Like you always do!" The dad called to Billy, watching as he continued to peg it away from his father.

The girls ran after him, running directly towards the source, the eleven turning back to look at his father with disgust, y/n dragged her before they could loose Billy.

Their feet stinging every time they touched the ground, the wind picking up badly as the two moved closer the the storm, Billy running past another memory.

"Where were you last night?" His Dad questioned the woman, younger Billy sat by a table meanwhile the woman and his dad stood up.

"I told you I was with Wendy!" He argued back, his face hardening

"Stop lying to me!" Billy's dad yelled at her, Billy watching the scene carefully with a bowl of cereal placed in front of him.

"I'm not lying to you," the woman yelled back, her expression was fuming

"You saw him again, didn't you?" He yelled at her. "Didn't you?" He stepped closer towards the blonde woman, she instantly stood back.

"Get away from me!" She grabbed a plate. "I said get away from me!" She threw it down, allowing it to smash just at his feet. Y/n pushed her hand over to her mouth, flashbacks thrown over her about the time she tried running away from her father and his foot slammed through the door, she flinched to the sight.

"You- you whore!" He screamed at her, jumping towards her a she flinched back, eleven watched the scene horrified, y/n felt the tears brim in her eyes, becoming familiar with it.

"Stop it!" Billy jumped up.

"Bitch!" His dad yelled, jumping forward again, the woman frozen in a trance, Billy ran towards his dad and hugged into him, attempting to keep him back.

"Don't hurt her!" Billy yelled towards his dad, but he shoved the boy aside, this infuriating the woman.

"You bastard!" She yelled, to him, Billy's father swung his arm back and launched it ahead of him.

The man punch the woman.

Billy jumped up from the floor and ran to the woman. "Mom!" He yelled out. It's his mom, another memory, that was his mother in the beach. Y/n thought to herself, eleven grabbed onto her arm and the two began to run into the storm more, the wind really picking up, and their hair were being chucked side to side and thrown against their faces as they tried pulling through the wind.

"I don't understand why not?" Billy spike into the phone, sitting against his bed, the girls surroundings were no longer a sandy beach but a stormy weather, clouds that were black and red surrounding them. "Please mom don't do this, please come home," Billy asked into the phone, both hands on the phone. "no, how long, how long? I miss you," he began to cry into the phone but that was soon taken out of their grip when a teenage Billy ran past them shouting.

"Get back here!"  He yelled to someone, running to somebody and pushed them to the ground. "Get up, what, are you scared to fight me?" He threatened, y/n remembering the same words conning out of his fathers mouth. "You scared?" He questioned, jumping on top of him. "Get up and fight me pussy!" He yelled, swinging his fists on the air and swinging them back to the boys face. "Pussy!" He screamed again.

"Billy come over here I want you to meet someone," his dad called, the girls turned around to see him and a younger girl under his grip with ginger hair. "this is your new sister, her names Maxine," he spoke, Billy stood directly in front of them, in his grey tank top.

"Max," the girl interrupted, staring up to her new brother, y/n and eleven watched the memory take place.

"Shake her hand," his dad ordered.

"Who's there?" A voice called from behind them, they turned around. Trying to find where the voice came from.

"I said shake her hand,"  his dad said from behind them, they ignored it and ran towards the storm, chasing themselves towards the voice.

"I said who's there!" It was Billy's voice, he was yelling, both of the girls sprinting, the breaths escaping from their lungs, the cold air burning their throats and their noses stung from the particles.

The girls stop at the eye of the storm, the clouds circled around them, they were inside of the source, and they looked to their surroundings, Billy's car parked just outside of a building, the girls panted as they stood there.