Chapter seven

When Marinette had transformed into Ladybug and called Chat Noir at the top of the Eiffel Tower she had a feeling in her gut that something wasn't right. When he didn't answer the call she did a quick sweep of the surrounding, still not finding her precious kitty. It was after twenty minutes that Chat did finally show up.

He looked like hell, his hair was a mess (more so than usual), his skin was as white as paper, and he shook every time he walked without his staff. Not to mention the fact that he had almost fallen off of the landmark when he had arrived. "Sorry I'm late Ladybug, it seems I've gotten a cold." He said, giving her a weak smile upon arriving. Marinette stares at him for a second before glaring, walking over to him and pulling his arm over her shoulder.

"You stupid cat! Why would you come if you're sick! You could've gotten hurt on your way here! No patrol for you tonight, I'm taking you somewhere safe." Ladybug scolded him, though he was feeling much too bad for her words to really eat through him.

"I can't take you to her directly but I'll leave you right next to the Dupain-Cheng bakery, there's a girl named Marinette there. She'll help you. Ask her for some food for your kwami as well, she'll leave the room while you're detransformed." She explained as she sat Chat down on the sidewalk.

"I'll finish patrol, you stay here. She should be on her night run. She'll be back any minute, and don't you even dare think of going to school tomorrow!" Ladybug exclaimed, using her lucky charm to produce a polka dotted blanket, wrapping it around Chat's shoulders. Then she zipped up and into her bedroom, grabbing some jogging clothes while she could and then zipped off a few minutes away, changing in an alley much to her discomfort, and started sprinting back towards the bakery.

When the blanket around Chat Noir's shoulder had been taken by a horde of Ladybugs he knew that his partner had detransformed. He didn't really give it that much thought, was too cold to do anything really. It had started snowing when she left and the leather suit wasn't doing much for warmth.

He suddenly heard the patter of feet and then a yell before warm hands grabbed his shoulders. He could see Marinette but her words couldn't be heard, the ringing in his ears made sure of that. "Hey Purrincess, mind taking in a stray?" Chat asked weakly. His teeth were chattering and goosebumps grew underneath his leather suit. She seemed to stop yelling and asking him if he was okay as a small smile replaced her worried voice.

"You can't be serious even when you could die. Come on, let's get you inside Chaton." Marinette said as she threw one of his arms over her shoulder and shouldered most of his weight as she pushed the door open with their bodies.

As Marinette walked into the door, the little bell going off, she heard multiple gasps including a "Marinette when did you leave he house,". "Marinette! Here let me hold him, you just got out of the hospital!" Luka's voice called or first. Her side did hurt from the stitches coming loose the day prior but that didn't matter to her, all that mattered was helping her best friend.

"It's okay, I've got him. Mama, will you make some soup? Alya will you get a warm wet rag? Luka, a blanket would be great? And Papa, can you bring some sweets?" Marinette barked out requests like orders, nobody argued with her, only simply going to carry out the tasks they had been assigned.

When Marinette had carried Chat Noir up to her bedroom she brought him up the ladder and laid him down on her loft bed. It would be warmer and more comfortable for him. "Here you go Chat, don't worry everything will be okay. Do you need anything?" Marinette asks, getting the word cold as a response.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Here, I have just the thing!" She yells out, her eyes lighting up for a second as she rushes off the loft bed and underneath of it. Rustling and clicking could be heard coming from the space underneath the bed before she came back up, now holding a set of warm clothing.