V

It was happening. Those pesky feelings were coming back. And it'll happen over the silliest things too. Like, Harry will trip over his own two feet and get up, blushing and Louis will feel this prolonged sense of fond and love for this dorky boy. Or Zayn or one of his other friends will tease Harry when they're all together and Louis just becomes so jealous because no one can do that but him.

Or now, when Harry is helping Louis look after his little sisters and he really can't stop fonding, to the point where it was really really noticeable.

"Louis," Fizz said, tugging on Louis' sleeve and shaking him out of his thoughts. "Why are you staring at Harry so hard? Did he do something?"

Louis blushed and he could swear he sees Harry smirking from behind the mixing bowl.

They were all in the kitchen helping Harry bake cookies. Technically, observing since really the only helpful thing he's done so far is get the stuff out the fridge and cabinets.

"Yes, he has done something dear Fizzy. He's taking too long on the cookies," he groaned, resting his head on the counter he was sitting at.

Felicite giggled and Harry pouted. "You could help, you know."

Pheobe shook her head vigorously. "Nope nope nope. The one time Lou tried to make cookies, the entire house almost burned down."

"No one reminded me the oven was still on!"

Harry let out a harsh, loud cackle before clasping his hand over his mouth and Louis knew he was in deep when he found it the most endearing thing he's ever done.

Louis grinned and hopped off the stool, walking over to where Harry was.

"Fine then Harold. Since you seem so desperately in need of my assistance then I shall give you such."

Harry grinned back at him and turned towards the girls. "Get the fire extinguisher ready girls."

In the end, Louis did not burn the house down but it was a near thing. The batch of cookies he put in the oven ended up burning and smoking a bit (and if it happened to be because Harry bent down to grab something the girls dropped, Louis will deny deny deny) but besides that, it came out pretty good.

After cookies, they all sank down on the couch and watched Frozen. Louis seriously began regretting the choice at the beginning of the movie when they all burst out singing Do You Want to Build a Snowman? and Louis promised himself he wouldn't do it but by For the First Time in Forever everyone was singing along.

Harry and Louis did the duet part in Love is an Open Door; Harry as Anna and Louis as Hans and everyone belted out the lyrics to Let It Go.

The girls fell asleep when Elsa struck Anna in the heart and Louis could hear Harry sniffling beside him. Grinning lopsidedly at the big baby, Louis wrapped an arm around Harry's shoulders and pulled him in, Harry burying his face in the crook of Louis' neck.

When the movie was over, thinking that Harry was asleep too, he started to get up to turn off the screen that was rolling credits when Harry pulled him back down.

"Stay, you're warm," he mumbled, voice thick with sleep.

Louis snorted. "We live in Texas, Harry. It's always warm." But he stayed right next to him.

After a couple of minutes, Harry spoke up again. "Mom says we're m'vin."

Louis' gut twisted but he forced his voice to not come out shaky. "Oh? Where to?"

Harry shrugged. "Florida I think."

Louis swallowed. "'S warm there."

"Not as warm as you," he said, snuggling closer to him.

"Or Texas."

"Or Texas."

Humming, Louis ran his fingers through his curls. "Don't forget me."

"Could never," he frowned. Harry turned and looked at Louis, both of them sitting silently. Harry opened his mouth to say something before deciding against it. Before he could say it, Louis said, "And you have to come back too. You promised to teach me how to swim. 6 months later and I'm no closer to Michael Phelps."

Harry laughed sleepily and nodded. "Promise."

His mum came back at 10 and drove Harry home while Louis put his sisters to bed. When his mum came back, he was collapsed on the couch watching re-runs of Friends. She came over to the couch and sat next to him, Louis curling up into to her.

"How was it?" she asked.

Louis hummed. "Good. We didn't burn the place down."

She laughed. "So I see. All thanks to Harry I presume."

Louis smiled softly, too tired to argue.

"He's leaving," he sighed, the sadness coming back to him.

"I know," she said, running her hands through Louis' hair.