❄59) Lightning 🌺

Start from the beginning

"Breath of the Lightning, Fourth form; Distant Thunder!!"

You lost your breath as Zenitsu deflected and rushed forward in the blink of an eye. His speed and precision setting the true standards of the Lightning users.

'He's impeccable right now..!'

Once both of the males had lunged forward, a large gash appeared upon Kaigaku's shoulder signalling that this wouldn't be quick.

This wouldn't be easy at all for him.

Zenitsu turned around with a threatening face before hissing his next words:

"Too slow.

Trash."

"Everybody's gotta die at some point!" Kaigaku clutched his sword once more, "You and the old man are no exception!"

"Breath of the Lightning, Second form; Lightning Ball!"

You gasped as Zenitsu shoved you back to take on the attack, a huge radius of black corrupt lightning engulfing him as he stood firm.

"Zenitsu!" You held out a hand slightly, reaching for someone you wish you could protect.

'F-Five straight attacks in just one single moment..!' Your heart ached as you clutched the dress you wore, 'Why so much pain to those I love..'

"You sure ate a lot of people, " Zenitsu left the attack with just a minor cut to his cheek to your surprise, "Can you no longer tell what's right and wrong?"

This tease made Kaigaku even more irritated, "Of course I do!!"

"Breath of the Lightning, Third form; Buzzing Mosquito!!"

You bit your lip as the spinning attack did some horrible damage to Zenitsu this time..

And you couldn't even intervene because you knew how much this fight meant to him.

"Those who don't judge me are 'right', " Kaigaku landed before your shaking body, " And those that do.. Are 'wrong'."

'I won't have any time to reach for my sword..' Your eyes widened as a twisted smile grew onto his face, 'A trap..!'

"Zenitsu, don't-"

But it was already too late, as your friend was already in front of you, successfully protecting you from harm.. But gaining so many vicious wounds as a consequence.

"No!!!" You tried to shove him away, but he wouldn't budge to your dismay, "Zenitsu this too much!"

"Just as I thought eh?" Kaigaku laughed, "You're a fucking doormat for her!!!"

You shook your head as your heart swelled with pain, "Y-You're wrong!! Zenitsu is important and means so much to me, our value comes from the heart not some damn status shit!!"

His eyes darted to your neck and he pounced, "Would you just shut up!?!"

Tears flowed down your cheeks as his demented mindset worked it's way to your mind.

'So evil..!' You looked down, accepting your pathetic defeat.

"I am special unlike you Zenitsu, " He spoke to the swaying teen, "You can try to protect people all you want, but you'll never win."

Your heart thumped and felt like it would jump through your throat, your eyes glassy with sadness.

"H-help."

"Breath of Thunder, Seventh Form...

"⚡Flaming Thunder God⚡"

Your eyes were closed as you felt a warm and bright embrace surround you...

'Am I dead..?' Your body felt weightless as a pattering similar to rain danced on your face.

Slight sniffing and crying could be heard as the embrace grew tighter, "D-Did you mean.. Th-that..? (Y-Y/n).."

Once your eyes opened you were shocked to see that the demon was now defeated. With Zenitsu's sword lying some few feet away as he held you.

Your hands wrapped around his head to return the hug, a shaky sigh of relief leaving your mouth as he shook with tears.

'He's alive..' Your eyes shut as your lips pressed onto his fluffy hair.

"Y-Yes.. You can cry now, you were so brave for me."

Yaaay!

It feels good to write again, sorry for the late chapter, but fear not, another chapter is on it's way later today to make up for this :)

Thanks for being so patient! ❤