❄16) Bravery 🍃

You shook your head, snapping out of it, "We need to get back to the others.."

You knew Tanjirou was capable of getting the job done in defeating a demon, but even a fool would be able to see the pain he had.

'Always trying to hide it..' You frowned as something caught your eye in the shadows.

And then Zenitsu nearly made you deaf in both ears, "Shut up for a sec-"

"(Y/N) KILL IT! KILL IT NOW, PLEASE!" The teen literally leapt into your arms and you instantly dropped him.

"What do you mean?! You have a sword too!" You took out yours, thinking of a good tease, "Well that's a shame I guess..."

You faced the crouching demon preparing for an attack, "..Tanjirou would never leave all the work to me.."

This made the boy turn to you instantly, "He's so reliable, and brave, and-"

"I GET IT, I GET IT!" He cried out, falling to the floor as the demon advanced.

"Then kill it now! Prove to me how much of a man you can be!" You shouted, aware that it was very close.

"Big sister, s-shouldn't you kill it? He is clearly not brave enough.." The boy stood behind you, nearly in tears.

"I know... But, in the most ridiculous way..." You put your blade back, "I trust him."

The demon shot out his tongue to catch you, it's speed remarkable. But even in your near-death moments, you were headstrong on your faith in the fool.

'Zenitsu..' You squeezed your eyes shut.

The quick sound of footsteps pattering along the tatami flooring, followed by the sound of flesh being sliced made you gasp.

And when you looked back up you couldn't believe what you saw.

"Little kid, (Y/n)." He crouched down ready to jump, "I will protect you."

You would be lying if you said his words didn't make your cheeks burn, but his drastic change in charisma made the scene before you unbelievable.

While the demon regenerated its disgusting weapon, Zenitsu launched himself at high speeds.

"Breath of Thunder; First style, Thunder Clap Flash."

In seconds- no, milliseconds, the demons head was split from his body, with a clean cut line.

And as usual, it came tumbling off.

"Nnguh.." Your saviour then started wobbling from side to side, his eyes dancing from consciousness to unconsciousness.

He looked to the side, seeing the dead corpse, and instantly screamed, "EEYAHHH IT'S DEAD!" He turned to you and the boy.

"What's going on, it died in an instant?!" He held his hand to his heart, "I've had enough of this..."

'So... He will never know that he..Saved our lives?' Your eyes watered at his sad and annoying reality.

He ran over to you, "(Y/n) you saved us back there, thank you so so much! You're right I am a wimp and-"

His nose began profusely bleeding as you hugged his head, his face obviously smushed in your chest.

But you didn't really care that he was behaving like that.

Because you came to a realization that you once judged this tallented young man. You once doubted his swordsmanship due to his clear anxiety.

And now he sorted all your doubts..

"I-Is it me, or are you out of character right now." His voice was still muffled by your tight hug.

"R-Right! My bad," You let him go, punching his shoulder, "You did good kiddo.."

His eyes lit up with genuine happiness, it was so hard to believe you caused it.

"Thank you." He timidly smiled setting off your heart once again.

You snapped your head away so fast you were sure you had a whiplash.

'Forgive me Giyu, these kids are too precious for me to survive..'

Once you were done mentally apologising, you looked back at the confused teen.

"I trust you enough to look after this boy while I go ahead." You helped the said child up as Zenitsu reverted back to his annoying mannerisms of panicking.

"T-To where!?" He cried, hugging your leg again.

A vein popped out your forehead as he looked up your skirt, "TO FOLLOW THE DAMN PIG!"

You spun around and flung him through a thin paper wall, then faced the child, "I suppose you follow him if you want to survive." You crouched down, "You trust him now, right?"

The kid quickly nodded, a small smile on his face as he ran into the same room as the crybaby.

'Good.' You inwardly smiled, following the heat trail left behind by the masked guy.

Sorry for the lack of chapters once again.. I have been really busy with life, but I am going to prioritize getting this done for you!

Another chapter will be posted later this day :)

Thanks for reading (seriously) ❤