He chuckled. "If I do, I can handle it. I've been through worse than just a simple cold."

You knew it, but you whined anyway. "But I still don wan you ta be sick. Put me down!"

He did, laying you on your (f/c) bed with such gentleness it made your sick heart melt slightly.

"Let me guess," he said quietly. "A stuffy nose, a burning throat, and a nauseated stomach?"

You looked up at him, confused. "Yeh. How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess," he murmured.

Link stood, leaning down to press a light kiss to your hot forehead. "And a fever it looks like."

He smiled sweetly at you as he moved toward the door. "My poor (Y/n). I'll fix you up. Try to rest a little, okay?"

He walked out the door, leaving you to "rest".

But how could you?

Your crush just kissed your forehead and called you his.

Could that mean? you thought. He has been acting a little bit more affectionate recently. Or maybe it's my brain hallucinating things.

You let out a groan despite the pain in your throat, throwing your arm over your eyes.

Why did this happen now?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Link's POV

Link searched through his winter coat's pockets, looking through all of the medicine he'd brought.

Outside, it was at most 15 degrees. Even though it was the dead of winter and he expected no different, he still hated it.

But when (Y/n) had called saying she was sick and need help, Link was already in his car by the time she hung up. And on went 4 or 5 mph over the speed limit. And practically sprinted up the stairs of her apartment complex, nearly toppling over when he slowed himself at her door.

In case you haven't already guessed, Link has a crush on the sick girl. He had practically fallen in love after being friends for 2 years.

And he never regretted a single moment of their time spent together.

"Ibuprofen, tylenol, pain relief... Which is the best one to give my girl?"

Link blushed slightly as he muttered that to himself.

She's not mine. Not yet at least.

Link shook his head, trying to clear the thoughts that swarmed his mind nearly every day.

He brushed his bangs out of his eyes as he stood, holding multiple bottles of medicine. He looked at them and shrugged.

She doesn't have any. I'll just leave them in the medicine cabinet.

Link walked into the kitchen, dropping the medicine in the cupboard before searching through her food.

Lets giver her something warm and soft. Don't want to hurt her.

He pulled out (favorite soup).

"Why not."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Your POV

You woke up from you nap from someone moving your arm off your face and running their cool hand down your cheek.

You leaned into it, knowing almost immediately that it was Link.

"I made you some (f/s). I thought that be something easy for you eat, since your not exactly up to par."

You smiled sleepily. "Panks, Link."

You saw him smile. "It's my pleasure." He slid his hands on your sides, helping you into a sitting position. "If you don't mind, I'm going to spoon-feed you. Don't want to make a mess or anything, ya know?"

You smiled again, lightly rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. "That's fine."

His smile made your heart race.

When you took your first bite, you were pleased to find that it wasn't scorching hot and it was made better than you'd ever made it.

"I need you over more offen," you said, taking another bite.

In your slightly fuzzy vision, you could've sworn you saw his face burn pink. "W-why's that, (Y/n)?"

You grinned at him. "You cook so much better than I do."

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" he said, playfully raising his eyebrows.

Your own face burned a different kind of heat. "Oh, I know that's not the only reason, Link."

He blinked.

Once.

Twice.

"Then - - Then what's another reason? I was just messing around..."

You reached over and grabbed his hand, savoring the feeling and the lack of heat. "People normally want the love of their life around them often."

He facial expression showed shock, but the happy tears that began to form in his eyes made your beat out of control.

"R-really?" he squeaked.

You giggled, gesturing for another spoonful of soup.

"You know how much I hate lying."

He brought the hand that held yours up to his face, pressing his lips on the back of it, his tears falling onto the warm skin.

"You have no idea how much this means to me," he said into your hand.

"I've been waiting years to say that," you said quietly, coughing into your other fist.

A violent shiver shook your body.

"I'm going to bed," you mutter, hiding under the (f/c) sheets and the hundred blankets piled on top to keep out the winter chill.

Link set the soup on the nightstand and wiped at his face.

"Do you need help staying warm?"

You shivered again, despite the warmth of the blankets. "You'll get sick. Don you dare get in here."

Link smiled playfully. "Getting a cold is the least of my worries."

Despite your protests, he crawled into the bed behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and giving your body much needed warmth.

"Good night, (Y/n)."

"You too, Link."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ Extended Ending ~ ~ ~ ~

The next week, Link had caught your cold.

You were cured underneath his constant care in under 5 days, which was fine with you.

"You know, I did tell you that you were going to get sick." You smirked at him as you leaned against the door frame, a bowl of soup in hand. "Twice even."

"I know," he grumbled, sweat dripping from his burning skin. "I just wanded you to get bedder."

You walked over to him. "And I'm thankful." You pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Open up, sweetheart. I want you to get better. I'm not in the mood to cuddle with a sick boy."

He chuckled, in turn throwing himself into a coughing fit.

You smiled at him. "All those times telling me I was always right these past few years, and you decided to not listen because I was sick?"

Link covered his face.

"Oh, shut up."