Madara was slightly taken aback. Had he been fooled by the signs all along?

"How do I know you're telling me the truth?" Madara briefly thought of all the times in the past he fell into despair. Had it all been for nothing?

Konosuke looked at the Uchiha pleadingly. "You don't. A leap of faith that you've got to trust me. If you don't, you'll lose Ayumi-"
"Shut up." Madara drew his sword to his neck. "My wife's way is more... gentle than mine. I would kill you right now if it weren't for her."

Konosuke looked up at Madara more seriously now, his eyebrows furrowed. "You can kill me if it means you won't go through with it! Don't go near the power of the moon!"

Madara looked up to the rainy sky, then back to Konosuke. There was one way Madara could confirm what Konosuke had been saying is true. If Konosuke indeed had been right, he didn't want to compromise the safety of his betrothed and his only little brother left.

Madara undid the rope binding him down, and released the blocked tenketsu that had been inhibiting his movement. He spared the Otsutsuki a violent glare.

"Get out of here and never come near us again."

-

*AYUMI'S POV*

I was in the suite looking right up at the moon. I stared at my pulsing palm.
Why was it glowing? Did it have to do something with Konosuke? Did Madara kill him?

"That Madara." I mumbled underneath my breath. He was getting difficult to predict.
It was going to thunder again, I could tell by the way the rain was getting heavier. I wondered about his safety for a second. Could he have been in danger? No way. It's Madara for Kami's sake!

Suddenly, I heard a weird shuffling in the corner of the room, only to be welcomed by a black-like figure with a golden eye. I was scared - it was unusual. I rubbed my eyes, thinking I must have been hallucinating. But no! It was still there, looking at me so weirdly.

"What the hell...?!" I yelled. "Get out of my room!"

"Thanks to you, I must rewrite destiny." He said in a deep raspy breath. I launched a kunai but before it could land, he faded away reabsorbing into the wall.

Destiny...? What the hell?

-

"Madara!" The Hyuga shuffled quickly to the shoji door. She was patiently waiting for his return. She looked eagerly up at him, his hair had been drenched in rainfall. Madara quickly walked passed by her, removing his clothing to dry himself. Ayumi averted her gaze, granting him some privacy. He threw on a yukata, and she heard shuffling and creaking on the floorboard now. She glanced at him. Madara looked bothered.

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: just imagine him wearing that with no swords!)

Madara was now sitting on the edge of the bed, his fingers furrowed in his hair.